• April 23, 2024, 11:30:03 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: i cant setup wireless connection dsm 510 by vista home premium notebook  (Read 3764 times)

adolf75

i have bought dsm 510 at august,but i can not setup it from my notebook with vista.i can only play movies or music by usb .i can not doing anything with it.i tried to set up from the menu of vista's network by usb 'windows connect now'.But when i start the dsm 510 after setup,it tries to find wireless connection and it can not find anything.after that it wants to set up wireless lan settings and 'windows connect now' again and again.am i doing something wrong.The firmware of dsm510 is 1.08.

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: i cant setup wireless connection dsm 510 by vista home premium notebook
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 01:33:24 PM »

Do you know your wireless name (SSID)? Verify you know it for sure from your router and it is not you neighbors SSID. Run the site survey and you should see your wireless name, choose it and connect. If you are running wireless encryption you will need to know your Passkey name to enter. once you are connected please see the link below to configure you WMP11 to be your media server.

http://support.dlink.com/faq/view.asp?prod_id=2692&question=DSM-120%20/%20DSM-320%20/%20DSM-320RD%20/%20DSM-510%20/%20DSM-520%20/%20DSM-750
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream