• April 16, 2024, 10:35:55 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Vista64 - Stuck in Read Only  (Read 1994 times)

SKYZLMT

• Level 1 Member
Vista64 - Stuck in Read Only
« on: March 20, 2010, 11:47:39 AM »

Short problem:  I can easily map a drive(s) from my vista 64 to 321, but all access is Read Only.  All perms in the 321 are R/W
Is there additional permissioning I need to do in Vista?

Here's the kicker...  works 100% fine from my iMac!!!  Imac simply asked for "Connect as user"... I picked a user... and it worked!

Details:
New unit... without changing any perms I was able to connect from Vista and bring all my files in.

Then I set up 3 simple perm shares on the 321...   Simply representing "Shared" files and two for "Users"
Shared is "all access"
and the user shares have user perms
I removed the default share.

Now when i mapped directly to the shares from Vista, I only have Read Only perms.
ALL of my perms on the 321 are R/W!!
I dont have any Read only!

I've mapped several ways... including the Dlink software where it asked me for UserName and Password for the dlink user accts.

(My files are all in the "Shared" folder, and now want to copy some out to either of the two individual user shares... and getting read only access when writing.  I can see the Read Only attribute is set, and I cant change)

Help?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 11:55:51 AM by SKYZLMT »