• April 09, 2024, 11:39:29 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Hardware wishlist.  (Read 2101 times)

indothai

• Level 2 Member
Hardware wishlist.
« on: December 11, 2011, 11:07:51 PM »

I just got the DCS-930L, price was low enough for me to give it a shot.

I got it all setup and running Wifi for about 2 days now, FTP to my DNS-320.  Wifi only 10ft from my router, passing through thick window pane.

To the point.  I know it's impossible to make any hardware changes to their current models, but I'm hoping DLink would use these inputs to put into their next product lines.

- Wide angle option in menu or physical lens or CMOS element to support 4:3 and 16:9 aspect ratio. (NOT Fish-eye lens!)
- Wifi jacks for external antennas, so customers can opt to install one.
- Power over ethernet, PoE, availability.

All I can think of for now, as I mentioned, main reason why I got it is because the price was low enough for me to give it a shot and if DLink put more options available for future products I can't see reason why I wouldn't upgrade or add more cameras.

I do hope this "Hardware wishlist" can make it in the forum.  Please feel free to rename the subject accordingly, if there is a topic on this already, please let me know and I'll post this in that topic.

Cheers!
DCS-930L three units
DCS-932L
DCS-5222L
DCS-5020L
DNS-323 (v1.09) [replaced with DS1512+]
DNS-320 (v2.00) [in storage]