• March 28, 2024, 07:24:41 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: 932L - Firmware Update Help  (Read 5953 times)

volodos

• Level 1 Member
932L - Firmware Update Help
« on: January 06, 2014, 08:50:09 AM »

I have no idea where to post this query. 930L which I own does not have a folder on this forum.

I am forced to upgrade the firmware in order to get mydlink to work. So I loged onto the cam and Maintanance folder.

How on earth do I a manually locate the firmware file on my HDs among thosands upon thousands of files??

The instructions does not give the slightes clue where to find it or what it's called.

I also tried to save the settings to my HD but a error message appeared saying "This feature has been disabled on this emulator"
Great help indeed.

I also noticed that when I loged on to my IP for the cam it says "Product DCS-1100" which is clearly not the case as I own a 930L

I am totally confused and begging for help from your kind, kind people of the support up there.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 10:24:14 AM by JavaLawyer »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: 930L - Firmware Update Help
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 09:08:06 AM »

I have no idea where to post this query. 930L which I own does not have a folder on this forum.

Your post was moved to the DCS-930L board.

I am forced to upgrade the firmware in order to get mydlink to work. So I loged onto the cam and Maintanance folder.

How on earth do I a manually locate the firmware file on my HDs among thosands upon thousands of files??

I also tried to save the settings to my HD but a error message appeared saying "This feature has been disabled on this emulator"
Great help indeed.

What address did you enter in your web browser that you're seeing this message?

I also noticed that when I loged on to my IP for the cam it says "Product DCS-1100" which is clearly not the case as I own a 930L

I am totally confused and begging for help from your kind, kind people of the support up there.

Note: You must be logged into a PC on the same LAN/network as your camera to perform the following actions.

• If you log into your camera web UI using the camera's IP address and navigate to the STATUS page, what is the "Camera Name" (presuming you never changed it)?
  • On the same STATUS page, what is the "Firmware Version" (entire entry w/ date)?
  • What does the product name indicate on the top left corner of the camera web UI screen?
  • Do you own any other D-Link cameras that are on your network?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 09:17:37 AM by JavaLawyer »
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

volodos

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 10:54:32 AM »

Thank you for your swift reply,

I re-logged onto my cam and now the Product is presented as DCS-932L which is correct! (why it was DSC-1100 the first time I logged in I cannot explain...)
I am now able to save the config file.

I now realize that you should locate the firmware file that you have DOWNLOADED not the firmware that is INSTALLED already.
You may laugh, but it is not obvious unless you work with computers all the time.
The firmware is now successfully installed.

The only problem remaining is that when I try to restore from the config-file an error message appears "Invalid configuration file"

I upgraded from Firmware v1.00 (2010-12-20) to the newest firmware to date v1.06 2012-12-21
I have only one cam on my local LAN (which is the same as my computer is on)
Win7 IE11

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 11:03:38 AM »

I'm glad you were able to successfully navigate through the instructions.  :)

You may want to update to version 1.09 using the link I provided in my prior post. There were a number of significant bug fixes and new functionality that's been integrated into the firmware since version 1.06, which is quite old.

As far as the failed Configuration Settings file upload, I suspect that your firmware is so old and so different from current iterations, that the file may not be compatible. If there are critical settings in the Configuration Settings file, you can change the file extension to .txt and open the file in Microsoft Notepad and manually look up the values -- it's messy, but possible, as I've done this myself. Another possibility explaining the failed upload is that the FW is having issues with IE11.

Post back and let us know how things turn out!  :)

volodos

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2014, 10:17:11 AM »

I have to correct myself. I own a 932L not 930 as I first said. Sorry if you have to move the thread - again! I became aware of that when I downloaded the firmware from your link and failed to install.
I found v1.06 for my 932L what I assume is the latest version here:
https://me.mydlink.com/support
Please correct me if there any newer version.

As for the the config file I think you are right that it is to big stretch for it to jump from v1.00 to the current version.
I tried to open it as a text-file, but I'm not able to dechipher any of it. A short sample: œ«,$T9aQÑQqQA[<T9aQÑQ¼I$á1Q¬
I think even the NSA would have problems interpreting it!
Before I upgraded the FW I took some screenshots of the most important menus and can probably restore it from there.
Thanks a lot for all your help JavaLawyer!

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: 932L - Firmware Update Help
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2014, 10:23:48 AM »

Glad I could help!

Since we're now looking at a DCS-932L, you may want to take a look at upgrading to firmware v1.07, posted as a sticky at the top of this board.

I moved this thread to the DCS-932L board. . .  Please don't switch models again!  ;)