• April 23, 2024, 03:40:02 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Probelm after updating from 1.04 to 1.05  (Read 4108 times)

mycomputers.ca

• Level 2 Member
    • MY Computers Corp
Probelm after updating from 1.04 to 1.05
« on: July 09, 2008, 04:41:18 PM »

Hi,

I upgraded from 1.04 to 1.05 but I'm not sure if it's realted but I can't mount any drives to my Vista machine it keeps giving me an error using the untility and it's not showing under my network places either.

can't access my drives files AGAIN. this happened before too.

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: Problem after updating from 1.04 to 1.05
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2008, 11:40:24 AM »

You have anti-virus software on your PC Probably.

First try mapping to you PC using the windows map utility. If this fails please configure the software to properly allow mapping of network drives or to work properly with the easy search utility. You may need to contact there support team or view documentation.

Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

mycomputers.ca

• Level 2 Member
    • MY Computers Corp
Re: Probelm after updating from 1.04 to 1.05
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2008, 06:01:19 PM »

that would explain the reason alot of my computers on the network are not visable. i'll look it up but i highley doubt it's just about anti-virus because I was able to map the drive without the untilty but by IP based mapping so it seems to be vista ulitmate also the small matter of it being 64bit could be a possible issue? i'm just trying to rule out all the possiablity.

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2008, 10:24:25 AM »

It could be cause by anti-virus software because once the firmware is updated the device will be reset. The anti-virus software may see the device at a different IP address and see the DNS-323 as an unknown or new device on the network now and block access to mapping.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 03:41:16 PM by ECF »

fordem

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2008, 03:13:00 PM »

Are we talking about anti-virus software or firewall here?  As a rule AV software doesn't concern itself with ip addresses, wheras  a firewall would.
RAID1 is for disk redundancy - NOT data backup - don't confuse the two.

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2008, 03:45:24 PM »

Im saying the software on the PC may be seeing the DNS-323 as new device on the network and be blocking it there for needing to be allowed in the AV software once again. This may have been done automatically if the software was added after the DNS-323 has already been on the network and is now being problematic after the firmware update.