• April 19, 2024, 03:02:20 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Telent and dismounting drives  (Read 2811 times)

craftsman

• Level 1 Member
Telent and dismounting drives
« on: March 08, 2010, 10:21:13 AM »

So, in getting telnet access there seems to be two different ways.  The first I followed and worked.  That is installing the full .5 version of Fonz Fun Plug (FFP).  The problem with that one was I couldn't unmount the drives.   The other methoed I've seen mentioned on here, are the instructions listed on http://wiki.dns323.info/howto:telnet.    This seems to be a much more minimalist version which has you download utelnetd, busybox3 and a version of starttelnet.sh.   However, I cannot get that version to run with the updated starttelnet.sh which places the files into a ram drive.  When I do that, and telnet I get something like "c0  s3, ..." on the telnet screen and then it disconnects.  Any ideas what might be wrong there? And can someone tell me if once I get this working, there is a way to add parted to the minimal install or a way to get the full FFP in a ram disk?

apeck

• Level 1 Member
Re: Telent and dismounting drives
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 02:34:55 PM »

Any update on this?