• March 28, 2024, 02:24:47 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Unbrick proceudre for 942L available?  (Read 9756 times)

CBaldan

• Level 1 Member
Unbrick proceudre for 942L available?
« on: May 18, 2013, 02:12:35 PM »

Hello there fellows.

I have 3 DCS-942L cameras that work fine. I updated them all to firmware 1.20 myself without problems.

Recently, I bought one more 942L. It came with an outdated firmware, so I decided to update.
I downloaded the the firmware from the D-Link website, and the firmware is WW version as you might know.
The camera was plugged to the power outlet, camera and laptop were connected to the router using a network cable, NOT wifi.
I accessed the camera web interface and uploaded the firmware, unzipped.

The upload was successfull and then the camera did the auto-reset.
Once it was reset the LED turned RED, then green for a few seconds and turned to RED again.

Now, everytime I turn it on, the led stays RED.
I tried reseting it many times, but no success. If I leave it on, the camera starts getting really hot after some minutes.
I noticed that when the camera is powered, there isn't the "click" sound that the other ones usually make.

So, this camera seems bricked.
Is there some procedure I can do myself to debrick this camera?

Regards,
Cleber.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 02:50:21 PM by CBaldan »

georgeorgeorge

• Level 1 Member
Re: Unbrick proceudre for 942L available?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2013, 07:58:43 PM »

JavaLawyer had wrote about two ways

1. H/W Reset: pressing the little button in the hole with a paperclip for 10 seconds should
reset back to factory default.

2. Telnet via Ethernet Cable: I can't find this one but from memory you connect the camera
direct to your computer and try to access its IP address and reset from there..
you may need to search the forum for this method.

Hope this can help.

G

CBaldan

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 03:53:14 PM »

Hey george.

Thanks for the info.

I tried the first method, the camera even shows a green steady LED when I turn it on holding the reset down, but when I wire connect it to the router, it never requests an IP, I can't find anything other than my PC on the DHCP table.

Is there a default IP for the cameras?

Thanks.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 02:26:31 PM »

Did you move the DCS-942L to a different router or change the IP address range of the existing router?  By chance, did the DCS-942L have a static IP address that's now outside of the range of your router?
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

valleo

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2013, 06:15:59 PM »

I have same problem.

I downloaded the firmware, start update via web interface.
When it came to 100% nothing happened.
I waited 10 minutes and turn off the power of the camera.
After that always led is red.

I tried to make a hard reset, the green lamp lights, but router or computer can not see the camera.

Tried this procedure done on different routers and computers (home, work) - everywhere one result - the camera turns green and nothing happens next.

What to do?
Does this camera have a standard IP address?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 06:17:44 PM by valleo »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2013, 05:41:55 AM »

I have same problem.

I downloaded the firmware, start update via web interface.
When it came to 100% nothing happened.
I waited 10 minutes and turn off the power of the camera.
After that always led is red.

I tried to make a hard reset, the green lamp lights, but router or computer can not see the camera.

Tried this procedure done on different routers and computers (home, work) - everywhere one result - the camera turns green and nothing happens next.

What to do?
Does this camera have a standard IP address?

By default, the DCS-942L is configured for DHCP, and is assigned the next free IP address allocated by your router. If you log into your router web UI, you should see the DCS-942L IP address on the list of connected devices. Simply enter the IP address into a new web browser from a PC on the same LAN as your router and DCS-942L and you should be able to log in.

valleo

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2013, 05:54:37 AM »

I tried 3 routers with DHCP - d'link dir-620, zyxel keenetik, tp-link TL-WDR4300, and no one of them does not see camera and does not try to give her IP address (looked at the logs).
I did it just turning on the camera (with red led), and insert it into the hard reset mode (with green led).
So i cant see her IP-adress...

I thought that this camera has some sort of version of the console through which you can pour forcibly working firmware?

Sorry for my english )
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 05:57:05 AM by valleo »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2013, 06:00:29 AM »

I tried 3 routers with DHCP - d'link dir-620, zyxel keenetik, tp-link TL-WDR4300, and no one of them does not see camera and does not try to give her IP address (looked at the logs).
I did it just turning on the camera (with red led), and insert it into the hard reset mode (with green led).
So i cant see her IP-adress...

I'm presuming you a trying to connect the DCS-942L using a wired connection. Did you perform the factory reset procedure? While the DCS-942L is powered-up, press and hold the recessed reset button using a paperclip for > 8 seconds. Also, did you try swapping in a different Ethernet cable?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 06:02:21 AM by JavaLawyer »

valleo

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2013, 06:19:41 AM »

Yes, I did this.
I did it on different routers with different patchcords (both homemade and factory).
I tried to connect in different modes - connect to the router and plug into a wall outlet, hold for 8 seconds and plug to router, and all possible variants of these actions...

When i clamp clip and turn on the power - the green LED lights up immediately (without delay).
If i turn on camera and press and hold reset button - nothing happend.
I wait 8 second, 15 second and more - nothing change. Routers dont see the camera.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 06:21:41 AM by valleo »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2013, 06:22:12 AM »

Yes, I did this.
I did it on different routers with different patchcords (both homemade and factory).
I tried to connect in different modes - connect to the router and plug into a wall outlet, hold for 8 seconds and plug to router, and all possible variants of these actions...

When i clamp clip and turn on the power - the green LED lights up immediately (without delay).
I wait 8 second, 15 second and more - nothing change. Routers dont see the camera.

If the DCS-942L firmware update failed due to a broken network connection during the upload or the DCS-942L lost power during the FW upload/installation, it's very possible the installed FW is now corrupt. Since three different routers were unable to assign an IP address to the device through a wired connection, I will assume that this is the case.

Unfortunately, the DCS-942L does not have a procedure to restore the camera for this type of failure (i.e. there is no base FW stored on ROM that can be restored). Your only recourse is to contact your regional D-Link customer support and request an RMA (presuming the device is still under warranty).

valleo

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2013, 06:28:43 AM »

Very sorry about that.
As I wrote above - I waited 10 minutes before you turn off the camera.
Until this connection is interrupted, the power is not disconnected. If this happens - and there was no issues.

Well, as always, guarantee ended two days before the crash.
Thanks for the advice. Of course a little upset ...