• March 28, 2024, 11:38:23 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DNS-323 is disconnecting and loses speed  (Read 3333 times)

zuzu

• Level 1 Member
DNS-323 is disconnecting and loses speed
« on: August 26, 2009, 10:51:59 AM »

hello i have this problem:

i use dns-323 with two 1tb disks for long time. no problems till today. i dont know why, the copying from/to dns-323 is now much slower (cca 2MB/s, before it was around 8MB/s) and it is still disconnecting - interval is cca 5 seconds, when it "lags" for a second. it is very bad, when you are trying to watch movie or listen music from it - it makes gaps in the playback and it is unusable...

i dont know if you understand. - watch this video of copy dialog and the speed there, and you will see what i meant: http://tinypic.com/r/2cd076/3
(normally it has constant speed cca 8MB/s)

i dont know why this is happening. yesterday it was ok.

i tried to restart dns-323 and also the router and computers. no effect. i tried to change LAN wires. no effect. the router is set properly. transport files from another NAS connected to this router is without problems and in full speed. i have firmware 1.07. ...and i dont know where should be a problem...

if i be paranoic:

is possible it is so "laggy" because hacked by someone from "outside" and the dns-323 is now busy because sending spams etc.? how to find that it is (not) true?

or the RJ45 connector should be bad? is it possible to found if it is?

help! :)

ThinkCalvin

• Level 1 Member
Re: DNS-323 is disconnecting and loses speed
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2009, 10:24:40 PM »

You're not alone.

I am streaming videos from the DNS-323 it would skip and loose video or sound many times. When copy data, it is slow as well. I am connected on a Cat5 doing this.

Any inputs?

gunrunnerjohn

• Level 11 Member
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2009, 07:02:16 AM »

I think I'd be tempted to pull the disks and run a manufacturer's diagnostic full surface scan on them.
Microsoft MVP - Windows Desktop Experience
Remember: Data you don't have two copies of is data you don't care about!
PS: RAID of any level is NOT a second copy.

ThinkCalvin

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2009, 04:19:39 PM »

Drive is not corrupted. I copied the files to my laptop and watch it fine. The copy was slow but the file was not corrupted.

gunrunnerjohn

• Level 11 Member
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2009, 04:21:03 PM »

I'd still run the test, it could be doing lots of retries and finally reading the data.
Microsoft MVP - Windows Desktop Experience
Remember: Data you don't have two copies of is data you don't care about!
PS: RAID of any level is NOT a second copy.