• April 24, 2024, 11:16:25 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: How can I do Windows XP request autentication when I click a protect folder?  (Read 6052 times)

gugaucb

• Level 2 Member

How can I do Windows XP request autentication when I click (try access) a protect folder in DNS-323? ???

I intend delete the permission that allow everybody read/write on volume_1 and allow which user in specific folder. Which user only can see them files. Is it possible?  ???

I can remove the permission that allow everybody read/write and allow which user in specific folder, but the Windows XP only show me that I can't access. I map the folder and defined another user will autenticate, however didn't work. :(
« Last Edit: December 12, 2007, 02:39:27 AM by gugaucb »

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member

Have you tried using the Easy search utility to map the drives?
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

gugaucb

• Level 2 Member

ECF,
   I used Easy search and I could map, but the password was save. I want every time I click in protected folder, the Windows resquest the password again.  :-[

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member

Well for this I would recommend using the Windows map utility and not checking the box to "Reconnect at login" currently the DNS-323 does not have this option included.
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

gugaucb

• Level 2 Member

I think my doubt is about Windows, because when Windows xp request authentication didn't permit change user. The user appering by Windows is "guest", but if I type the password, work.