• March 28, 2024, 01:22:51 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: New **BETA** firmware 1.03b60 with 1.5 TB HDD support released by D-Link France  (Read 6398 times)

krull

• Level 1 Member

*first warning*
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 10:12:31 PM by D-Link Multimedia »

nataku316

• Level 1 Member

so this 3rd party firmware is more stable than the d-link released ones?

fordem

• Level 10 Member

That's from the D-Link France website, so it's not third party - but - it would be considered as "unsupported" if you used it outside of france, and could possibly void your warranty, which is essentially the same as if it was third party.
RAID1 is for disk redundancy - NOT data backup - don't confuse the two.

krull

• Level 1 Member

That's from the D-Link France website, so it's not third party - but - it would be considered as "unsupported" if you used it outside of france, and could possibly void your warranty, which is essentially the same as if it was third party.

Hi there,

Why are we worried about warranty? IMHO, as soon as I get a stable enough FW from dlink, that runs the 343 as it was intended, I am going to do my best to get the most of it regardless of warranty. Heck, the 1.03 beta now allows me to install ffp... (yes.. I am one of those peeps from the other side of the tech spectrum -- to boldly go where no-one has gone before! or something like that...  ;))

I bought a 343 for one purpose only -- to hack the hell out of it. Run 3rd party apps, etc.. but that's me. Since peeps here at forums.dlink.com seemed to complain alot about 'why is it not working!! grrf...' I thought i'd share something that DID work for a change! And within the compounds of Dlink Firmware -- abeit Beta software... and from France out of all places! :D

Patiently waiting for a stable 1.03! Cheers!

- KrulL

fordem

• Level 10 Member

Since you quoted me, and presumably your response was directed to me, I will, in turn respond.

How you treat warranty is your choice, and I do not presume to judge you for it - in fact, personally, I share your approach.

I was merely commenting on the question asked by the previous poster, and, being responsible, advising him fully, so that he was in a position to make the same choice as you did - whether or not he wishes to use the firmware, and in so doing, possibly voiding his warranty.
RAID1 is for disk redundancy - NOT data backup - don't confuse the two.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic

Was the incremental backup fixed on this latest beta version?
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

krull

• Level 1 Member

Cheers Fordem. Just to clarify that I didn't think for a moment that you were judging my post nor otherwise. Many thanks for taking the responsible approach. Sometimes I do forget that we here have different level of tech knowhow and assumes that we're on the same level/plane.

Anyways, 1.03 still seems rock solid here for me. I am now installing debian chroot on it. I will repost my experience here for documentation sake.

Was the incremental backup fixed on this latest beta version?

Relnotes states that it hasn't done anything on inc_backups, though I wouldn't know since I use backuppc instead.

Anyone interested to join in the conversation, please feel free to do so and post your experience with 1.03.

Cheers!

- KrulL

D-Link Multimedia

• Level 7 Member
    • D-link Systems, Inc.

Do not post links to betas nor discuss 3rd party or hacking on these SUPPORT forums. This is D-Link US and we do not warranty any devices which do not use official D-Link US firmware.