• March 28, 2024, 02:24:28 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Can't connect to wireless but can connect when hardwired  (Read 1947 times)

jedi_4_life

• Level 1 Member
Can't connect to wireless but can connect when hardwired
« on: October 03, 2016, 06:02:16 PM »

Hello,

First time poster here.  I have 2 dlinks, a DCS-2330L and a DCS-930L. They are both my parents and I'm trying to set them up for them.  I can set them up at my house no problem.  I run through the setup, they see my router, they get on my wireless, all with no problem.  When I take them over to my parents house, I reset everything and try to connect them and in both cases I get through the setup until the point where I need to disconnect the network cord from the camera (so it uses the wireless.)  in all cases, it can't see the wireless.  Here's what I've tried:
- Mac setup and PC
- WPS setup and traditional using the setup wizard

Am I missing something?  At the problem location, they have cox high speed internet.  At my location we have charter.  I have an apple airport extreme router.  They have a cisco Linksys.  It might be a few years old but I'm not sure.  The only think I can think of is that their router is not working well with the dlinks.  In any case, I simply cannot get dlink cameras set up at their location wirelessly.  Wired...no problem.

What am I missing here?  Thanks in advance!

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: Can't connect to wireless but can connect when hardwired
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2016, 01:31:15 PM »

Link>Welcome!

• What Hardware version is your DCS? Look at the sticker behind or under the camera.
  • Link>What Firmware version is currently loaded? Found on the DCSs web page under status.
  • What region are you located?

Internet Service Provider and Modem Configurations
  • What ISP Modem Mfr. and model # do you have?
What model is the main host router?
What wireless modes are you using?
What is the distance between the Camera and the main host router?
I recommend setting a static IP address ON the cameras outside of the main host routers default DHCP IP address pool: 192.168.#.10 and .11  DHCP

Test cameras with uPnP and uPnP Port Forwarding both enabled on ALL cameras: DCS Cloud (L) Series Camera Configuration and Mydlink.com
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.