• April 15, 2024, 10:07:56 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: cannot connect to 4500 with linksys wireless G pci adapter  (Read 7258 times)

atx420

• Level 1 Member
cannot connect to 4500 with linksys wireless G pci adapter
« on: June 14, 2009, 10:14:18 PM »

Any advice much appreciated...I'm on vista 32bit. This card will see other networks just not the one I want it to be on (4500). Help plz.

Thanks

Reinvented

• Level 4 Member
Re: cannot connect to 4500 with linksys wireless G pci adapter
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 04:29:51 AM »

What are your wireless settings? And what firmware are you using?

atx420

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2009, 06:10:10 PM »

Im on Firmware 1.02 router is set for straight wireless G

iconeater

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2009, 06:34:00 PM »

For god sakes man whatever you do don't upgrade the firmware.

atx420

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2009, 07:44:48 PM »

Yea, thats what I'm noticing on these forums... Anyhow I am begginning to thing I got a bad card or something cause I can connect to the 4500 if I'm extremely close to it. I have another computer next to this one that is on the 4500 and its connected fine 30+feet away but this darn linksux card wont see it. I tried to connect on my old linksucs router and same issue limited connectivity. Installed latest drivers for the card Im just not sure what to do. It worked fine on my XP set up maybe it doesnt like vista.

Reinvented

• Level 4 Member
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2009, 12:08:57 AM »

Still don't see wireless settings.  I'm sure if you tweaked it a bit, you could get it working nicely.  Also, what's the orientation of your antennas?

Is it an old adapter or what?  Some of the older versions don't work right with Vista period.  I've had a WMP54GS adapter that wouldn't no matter what I tried.  I ended up finding a newer version, that apparently did work.

NKYadav

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2009, 03:42:08 PM »

+1 to reinvented's post - I had *massive* issues with both PCMCIA LinkSys wireless cards with my old laptop after 'upgrading' it to Vista...and I have had issues to no end with Vista on my desktop and a variety of older PCI cards as well.

I always chalked it up to D-Link not liking Linksys cards, though  ;)

NKYadav

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2009, 04:49:23 AM »

Then you're filing with the wrong company in mind - the manufacturer of the hardware is Ubicom, not DLink.

Know your facts before posting about stuff online - you'll only be eating your words *again*.

DLP

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2009, 06:11:47 AM »

Then you're filing with the wrong company in mind - the manufacturer of the hardware is Ubicom, not DLink.

Know your facts before posting about stuff online - you'll only be eating your words *again*.

As far as we're concerned, D-Link is responsible. If D-Link wishes to file in turn against Ubicom, that's their business.