• April 19, 2024, 04:21:41 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Cannot access the DNS  (Read 4106 times)

uffez

• Level 1 Member
Cannot access the DNS
« on: April 25, 2011, 02:07:14 AM »

I have repeated problems to access the DNS320. Running latest firmware, 2.0. It is possible to ping to it, but I cannot access via GUI at all. It happens quite soon after reboot, and I suspect it may be related to UPNP or Itunes. Suspicion that these apps are updating libraries - but why am I completely shut out? Have to pull the power and try again...

Also, it seems my Itunes is not working properly. When enabled, it performs index, but the window constantly refreshes making it impossible even to disable...

Not very impressed with DNS320 so far...

/Uffe

uffez

• Level 1 Member
Re: Cannot access the DNS
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 04:35:44 AM »

Managed to reboot and immediately restore to factory settings. Have now reconfigured it, and it seems to be running better. However, Itunes apperas strange. I enabled it, but now the Itunes settings page constantly refreshes making it impossible to change any settings at all. And the library never becomes visible for other computers.

uffez

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2011, 12:38:21 AM »

Found it hanging now again. Had activated UPNP, which was running endlessly and eventually the web-i/f did not respond anymore, cannot access files. But it does respond to ping... Nothing useful in the crappy logs...

Is this a common issue?

uffez

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2011, 05:52:25 AM »

Hanging again. Had problems with it not showing up in Itunes, decided to refresh the Itunes server. Hanging after a few minutes...
Only me?

uffez

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2011, 10:11:56 AM »

Well, it is being returned now. Going for another NAS, never Dlink again unfortunately...