• April 26, 2024, 08:44:55 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Is port forward the solution and how do I do that?  (Read 2121 times)

Campus Varberg

• Level 1 Member
Is port forward the solution and how do I do that?
« on: April 08, 2011, 05:44:10 AM »

I've just installed Merlin Project manager on our web server and it uses the servers IP as default address for public users. Our server is behind a DFL-210 and has 192.168.1.20 assigned to it. Merlin then sets the default address to merlin://192.168.1.20:7090. I want Merlin to be available through our public IP 94.103.198.XXX and preferably assign an alias to it so that the URL www.mydomain.com/XXX forwards the visitor to Merlins web service

How do I do that? It seems as if I can't use an URL alias or redirect in Mac OS X Servers Server Admin but have to do it in the firewall, any suggestions?

chechito

• Level 3 Member
Re: Is port forward the solution and how do I do that?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2011, 11:07:19 AM »

if hte problem is not solved by a sat and nat rule you have to check server config

lingnau

• Level 2 Member
    • www.lingnau.com.br
Re: Is port forward the solution and how do I do that?
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 03:40:49 AM »

If you have dns hosting, you could create an entry project.mydomain.com that redirects to your IP.
On the firewall, you must create a SAT and NAT rule (Read the manual) that forwards packet that arive at port 80 on the WAN interface to port 7090 of the internal webserver. (As stated by chechito)

Voilá.