• March 28, 2024, 08:57:56 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: DNR-202L setup  (Read 37805 times)

rossrt22

• Level 1 Member
DNR-202L setup
« on: November 16, 2013, 08:34:34 AM »

I just received my DNR-202L from the DLink store and it fails to run through the Install Wizard.  This is odd since my other cameras went through the process just fine.  I know network is fine, since I can go directly to the device via the IP.

I was able to add my cameras, and for the most part I believe I am OK using that interface for now.

The only thing I am lacking is access to the 202L device via mylink.  Is there a way to add it manually?

I tried the wizard on two separate machines, both give an error after the "Connect Your Device" step, the error states: "An error has occurred in the script on this page" I click yes to continue running scripts, however it never goes beyond "Checking Connection...Please wait..."

Help.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 03:12:19 PM by JavaLawyer »

Kakashi::.

• Level 3 Member
Re: DNR-202L setup
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2013, 07:24:22 PM »

The problem maybe the Installation Wizard ZiP file.

Use this link here to download it from our US support site: http://support.dlink.com/ProductInfo.aspx?m=DNR-202L

Let us know if it works.

tsuprano1

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2013, 08:59:28 PM »

I keep getting a runtime error when running the wizard. Tried the alternate download spot to no avail. I have a screen capture of the error if there is an address I can send it too....

ffclr1

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2013, 07:54:21 PM »

Did you ever get this script error problem fixed? I have the identical problem, on multiple Windows 7/8 computers.

A few days later ...
Don't extract the d-link setup file using windows. Use 7-zip or something like that to avoid the script error. I don't know why, but that worked.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 11:39:10 AM by ffclr1 »

Sparkydude

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2013, 06:59:06 PM »

I also had the problem. The first program I used to unzip and run the DNR-202L set up didn’t work. I kept getting the Script error during install.
 Don’t ask me what’s different but I used a different program  to unzip the file.   WinRAR (free download)

After unzipping the file I clicked on the ‘autorun.exe’ and the install went fine. No script errors.

Good luck.

AlZEV

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2013, 08:24:23 PM »

I am having the exact same problem and have tried everything in this thread.  I am able to access the nvr by ip address but have no way of adding it to mydlink.  Is there a way i can bypass the setup as my cameras are linked to it but just cant use the nvr app or access it on my iphone only from home.

dpritch15

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2013, 05:18:58 PM »

I'm trying to set up the 202L and My setup wizard isn't allowing me to select and the next box is grayed out. So, it's stuck.  I've tried the various unzipping options through 7-zip, winRAR and multiple PCs.  This is a joke.  What is the trick here to be able to have step 2 of the setup wizard find the device and proceed?

I've already installed 2 cameras, the blue light is on (flashing actually) and I have a hard drive connected to the NVR.  Any ideas?
thanks

AlZEV

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2013, 08:17:55 PM »

Its been over a week and still no response i have tried so many times this is getting pretty annoying all i want is to connect to my dlink!

faceless1315

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2014, 08:46:10 PM »

Having the same problem here.  Called support and after giving them control of my pc for over an hour, no progress was made and I had an appointment and had to cut it short.  I have tried extracting with winzip, 7zip, and winrar; still get the same script error.  Running my pc wired to the router. Has anyone figured this out?  Maybe a setup wizard tune up on D-links part?

ReverendTed

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2014, 07:41:37 AM »

I set up my DNR-202L entirely through the direct IP interface, and only ran the Wizard at the end to register the device with mydlink.com.  Personally, I've almost never used the mydlink.com interface for the DNR-202L, so having it registered to my account hasn't really been a benefit.  (Though I recognize that other people might use the recorded differently than I, so they might like to have that ability.) 
Instead, I view my cameras' live feeds, and save viewing recorded video for when I'm at home.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2014, 07:50:10 AM »

Having the same problem here.  Called support and after giving them control of my pc for over an hour, no progress was made and I had an appointment and had to cut it short.  I have tried extracting with winzip, 7zip, and winrar; still get the same script error.  Running my pc wired to the router. Has anyone figured this out?  Maybe a setup wizard tune up on D-links part?

Where did you download the Wizard from? Please provide the URL.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2014, 08:51:12 AM »

@faceless1315 -- Would you please provide the Setup Wizard URL where you downloaded the application?
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

Kakashi::.

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2014, 01:29:06 PM »

For those of you who continue to have the issue with the Install Wizard, could you try it one more time, this time by downloading the files from either of these location:

US support website:
http://support.dlink.com/ProductInfo.aspx?m=DNR-202L

US mydlink.com website:
https://www.mydlink.com/download

For those that are running the Windows wizard, we have posted the .exe file version to avoid compressing the files used by the wizard and stop the problem seen with the .ZiP file format. 

Not everyone is suffering from the same issues. A big apology for the inconvenience of those that continue to see the problem, Please post your feedback here...

Thanks Everyone!

olivernz

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2014, 11:05:25 PM »

hi there,

I am having the same issue. Did the above download and still can't get it to find the device.

Where to next please?

ReverendTed

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2014, 10:21:01 AM »

hi there,

I am having the same issue. Did the above download and still can't get it to find the device.

Where to next please?
I skipped using the Wizard and set up the recorder (and my cameras) almost entirely using the direct IP interface.
Pages: [1] 2