• April 23, 2024, 08:57:00 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: log shows twinge attacks from Java game  (Read 4302 times)

Jason500

• Level 1 Member
log shows twinge attacks from Java game
« on: February 07, 2010, 11:34:34 AM »

Hi,

I play an MMO Java game called RuneScape. The game has a world select menu where Ping values are shown to help the user pick out a world server with a lower latency. However with a D-Link DI-524 router [P/N BI524ANA..D1, Firmware Version 4.03] all the ping values show as N/A- no value is given.

If you want to see the ping values yourself or have a DI-524 (or WBR-1310) and want to test this then follow these instructions:
Go to www.runescape.com (if you are visiting for the first time you will see an introduction page. at the top click on ''Continue to Full Site for News and Game Help'') and point your mouse at Play Now and click on Existing Users. You don't need to make an account to do this. Java will start and will download a few core files to start the game. You will see a menu that has Log In, Create Account, World Select- click on World Select. You will see six columns of information and on the right hand side is the Ping column. With a DI-524 router all entries in the Ping column are N/A.

It seems that whatever method the RuneScape Java applet is using to gather the ping values it is being detected as an attack and is recorded as this in the router logs multiple times:
Feb/05/2010 00:23:10, TWINGE ATTACK Detect, Packet Dropped

Is there anyway to get the ping values to display properly in the RuneScape world select menu?

After some research I found out that the DI-524 D1 is basically the same as a WBR-1310 A1 so I found a WBR-1310 1.01 firmware (not officially available from D-Link's site) and applied it to my DI-524 D1. With a wired connection to the router the pings from the game went through like they should. However, with a wireless connection to the router the pings did not go through.

I downloaded a WBR-1310 1.04 firmware from D-Link's site and applied that to my DI-524. Now, like when I was using the DI-524 D1 4.03 firmware, none of the pings go through. It doesn't matter if I'm using a wired or wireless connection. Also, the log is showing twinge attacks.

Just to confirm that the problem is with the D-Link router I have tried using an old Linksys BEFW11S4 v4 router. With the Linksys router all pings went through as they should be. Also, when running the ping command from a command prompt in Windows all the pings go through- it doesn't matter what router or firmware I use, all pings from the command prompt go through. It is only the pings from the RuneScape Java applet that are being blocked.

Any suggestions?

Jason500

• Level 1 Member
Re: log shows twinge attacks from Java game
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 02:13:20 PM »

-bump. I hope that's allowed here  ???