The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DIR-859

moving router

<< < (2/2)

nav16:
i have a connection at home but i just want my tv to have a direct connection. because its slow on wifi. so im trying to use the 859 as a extender

FurryNutz:
The 859 doesn't support any wireless extending abilities. You'll have to make it a LAN to LAN AP. If you don't have a directly LAN wired connection to where the remote TV location is, you could look into using Power Line adapters between the main host router and the remote location, then connect up the 859 in wired AP mode.

GreenBay42:
Also, if you hardwire the TV into a device that connects wirelessly to your current router, it will be just as slow or even slower as before since there is a loss of bandwidth with range extenders.

FurryNutz:
Another suggestion would be to get a actual wireless bridge device. Connect it to the main host router and connect the TV LAN cable to the wireless bridge. Something I use for a DISH Joey in a remote location in my house.

FurryNutz:
Any status on this?  ???

--- Quote from: nav16 on December 19, 2017, 02:41:07 PM ---i have a connection at home but i just want my tv to have a direct connection. because its slow on wifi. so im trying to use the 859 as a extender

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version