• March 29, 2024, 07:05:22 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: can't save settings  (Read 12503 times)

aek

• Level 1 Member
can't save settings
« on: May 31, 2013, 05:21:48 AM »

yesterday my camera would not show up in mydlink interface, so I decided to do a reset and reinstall it. When it gets to the part where I have to save the camera's password I keep getting the error "There was a problem saving your settings click next to try again" I have it wired. Any ideas as to how to get passed this step ?

Thank You

oztriton

• Level 1 Member
Re: can't save settings
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2013, 01:34:21 AM »

Funny that I have the same problem as that, only occured after reinstall .
I can log in via IP address and view camera but I cant get it to show on my account

georgeorgeorge

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2013, 07:20:56 AM »

A reinstall requires you to use the original Setup program
And give new password

oztriton

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2013, 05:28:51 PM »

I have downloaded the latest version of install software and have got to the part where you save the new password and it wont go passed that page, it says
"There was a problem saving your settings. Click next to try again"
No matter how many hard reset's, different pc I use it wont get passed this point any idea's

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2013, 05:07:48 AM »

I have downloaded the latest version of install software and have got to the part where you save the new password and it wont go passed that page, it says
"There was a problem saving your settings. Click next to try again"
No matter how many hard reset's, different pc I use it wont get passed this point any idea's

You mention that you downloaded the latest "install software", I presume you are referring to the "Setup Wizard" software located on the mydlink.com/support download page. Is your DCS-942L firmware also updated to the latest version to match the Wizard?
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

ricschizzo

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2013, 11:07:37 AM »

You mention that you downloaded the latest "install software", I presume you are referring to the "Setup Wizard" software located on the mydlink.com/support download page. Is your DCS-942L firmware also updated to the latest version to match the Wizard?

Since you canceled my previous post for being a bite rude in saying the truth, I will try to be polite.
I guess that he (aek) has done the same thing as I have done, that is, upgrading every piece of software to the latest official version.
And YES, although all of us upgraded to the latest official version, the same problem keeps occurring.
Since my DCS-942L revision is A1, I have downloaded the latest firmware (1.21.2811) and the latest Windows Setup Wizard (1.01) from the official product page.

They are not working!

What I had to do to succeed was to download and install the firmware 1.22.2825, download  the Setup Wizard  1.02.10 (from here http://tsd.dlink.com.tw/downloads2008detail.asp which is not for revision A1 cameras but for revision A4 cameras).
Then I launched the Wizard, it told me that there was a newer version (which I downloaded from within the wizard, it's the 1.04.02 version ).
And finally all went ok
So the question is WHY d-link does not address this problem the right way and keeps let's their paying customers live this nightmare?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 11:22:22 AM by JavaLawyer »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2013, 11:32:36 AM »

Since you canceled my previous post for being a bite rude in saying the truth, I will try to be polite.
I guess that he (aek) has done the same thing as I have done, that is, upgrading every piece of software to the latest official version.

While there's no issue with members posting their opinions, there is a level of decorum we're all required to adhere to: Welcome!.

And YES, although all of us upgraded to the latest official version, the same problem keeps occurring.
Since my DCS-942L revision is A1, I have downloaded the latest firmware (1.21.2811) and the latest Windows Setup Wizard (1.01) from the official product page.

They are not working!

What I had to do to succeed was to download and install the firmware 1.22.2825, download  the Setup Wizard  1.02.10 (from here http://tsd.dlink.com.tw/downloads2008detail.asp which is not for revision A1 cameras but for revision A4 cameras).
Then I launched the Wizard, it told me that there was a newer version (which I downloaded from within the wizard, it's the 1.04.02 version ).
And finally all went ok
So the question is WHY d-link does not address this problem the right way and keeps let's their paying customers live this nightmare?

Thank you for posting the the DCS-942L issue you've discovered along with your solution. Are you saying that this issue only applies to A1 hardware and FW 1.22.x? I'll need to validate that with a couple of other DCS-942L owners on this board before escalating this to D-Link.

Can other DCS-942L owners please validate/replicate this issue?  ???  :-\  ???
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

ricschizzo

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2013, 01:17:33 PM »

Thank you for posting the the DCS-942L issue you've discovered along with your solution. Are you saying that this issue only applies to A1 hardware and FW 1.22.x?

Actually I think that the real winner was the Setup Wizard rather than the firmware version. So I suggest to all first to try the new Setup Wizard and, if not working, to upgrade the firmware.

jrumol

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2013, 09:32:42 AM »

I have the same problem.

I downloaded the Setup Wizard  1.02.10 and I managed to configure the camera and to connect it to the router. However, it was impossible to connect with mydlink server so that the wizard included the camera y mydlink account.

Now I have the camera connected but I can not add it to mydlink account because the wizard doesn't connect to the server.