• March 19, 2024, 12:29:17 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Re-install NAS without formatting hard drives  (Read 5441 times)

kermut

• Level 1 Member
Re-install NAS without formatting hard drives
« on: May 30, 2020, 04:23:55 AM »

Hello Community.

Am in dire need of expert advice.

I have the dns-327 and have had it for several years. It has never had any issues. Many years ago I downloaded the myDlink app to be able to access the files via the phone (mainly photos), but never actually used it. I wanted to go back to using this feature today, and tried to log in and it asked me for a password - which I didn't remember. After a bit of search on the forum, I came across the "reset" feature of the product that would configure all the settings to default. I did this, assuming that once this was done, all I would need to do is switch it off and on and the computer would recognize the NAS as before and I could just go about using it as normal. However, the PC did not recognize the NAS. After more searching the forum, I decided to use the origianl cd-rom to do a re-install. I deleted the NAS icon from my "my computer' section and started the re-install. As I got towards the end of the install, it reached the point where it said the HDD need to be formated.

This is exactly what I don't want to do. The NAS has all the kids photos and videos as they have grown up and a lot more. It was originally set up in RAID format, so I don't want to change anything in there. I just want to get it connected to the net work so the computer can see it.

I am hoping someone can help me please.

Thank you in advance,
K.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: Re-install NAS without formatting hard drives
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2020, 08:53:15 AM »

When you did the reset on the NAS the first time, the IP address probably changed. You would need to log into the host router and look at the connected client table to see if the NAS is listed there and see it's IP address. You can use this IP address to log in to the NAS and setup the NAS using the NAS web page.
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.