• April 27, 2024, 08:47:02 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Firmware 1.02b4: can't use admin panel anymore  (Read 2968 times)

trohricht

• Level 1 Member
Firmware 1.02b4: can't use admin panel anymore
« on: September 05, 2013, 07:38:34 AM »

Hi everyone, I just flashed my DNS-345 A2 using firmware downloaded from the D-Link site: DLINK_DNS345.1.02b04(1.02.0129.2013)(BETA)

The flash completed successfully and the unit powers up just fine. The RAID5 volume is accessible from locally connected machines.

The problem is that when I log in to the admin panel, I can't do anything. The [Applications] and [Management] buttons don't respond when clicked, and the Home screen is basically devoid of information. It's almost as if the firmware flash caused the unit to forget what permissions System Administrator is supposed to have, even though the old (pre-flash) password survived the flash and works to log me in.

I undertook this firmware flash to try to fix a problem I had with audio (from my MP3 library) "stuttering" when streaming to a Boxee Box elsewhere in the house. Now I'm kind of stuck with no way to install new apps, change settings, etc.

Any thoughts on how to get through this?

trohricht

• Level 1 Member
Re: Firmware 1.02b4: can't use admin panel anymore
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2013, 02:30:55 PM »

Strange solution, but a solution ...

For some reason, after the firmware update, Firefox no longer works properly when accessing the admin portal. Using IE, I am able to click all the clicky bits and administer my NAS without difficulty.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: Firmware 1.02b4: can't use admin panel anymore
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2013, 06:18:29 AM »

What you describe sounds like a browser issue. There is likely a dependency in the web UI that's broken with specific browser versions and types. I've seen this same issue with other D-Link products. It's best to experiment with different browsers to see what works/doesn't work.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC