• April 26, 2024, 11:58:31 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Cannot See 320 Anymore  (Read 1467 times)

bigkap50

• Level 1 Member
Cannot See 320 Anymore
« on: March 10, 2015, 05:32:15 PM »

Hi All,
1 week ago all was good.
Now I cannot see the drive anywhere either on my Win 8.1 or Win 7 computers.
And to save cables,  I use TP link Powerline "plugs".
Am using raid 1.
I can ping the Sharecenter with Hover IP and with Netscan I can see the fixed IP address and Mac Address.
I have tried FileZilla just to connect and view my files but it will not connect.
I have turned off firewall and anti-virus and it will not connect.
I have tried using browser but it will not connect. No GUI shows.
After I reset the drive using the button on the back(10 seconds with the pin in) the setup utility will see it for 5 seconds and then it disappears.
I have reset 4/5 times and still it will not show after 5 seconds and, it keeps the fixed IP address!!
So I presume nothing has changed including my password!!
I have reconfigured my router and it will not connect.
So, Whatever I do I cannot log into the DNS-320.
Have tried Technet ideas such as changing, Network and Sharing Center - Change Advanced Sharing Settings etc. but no good.
I think it went wrong after last weeks windows update.
So, all was perfect last week and now, no drive.
Is it possible that this could be related to full drives as last week I noticed that they were almost full!!
Is there a scratch partition the 320 uses on the drives but because they could be full, its stopping its function?

Please help
Thanks
Steve

ivan

• Level 8 Member
Re: Cannot See 320 Anymore
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2015, 06:08:56 PM »

The first question you must ask yourself is 'what changed?'.

Next question, have you tried to use cables in place of the powerline adapters?  Those things are notorious for giving problems depending on if they are on the same mains circuit or not.  It is possible to get apparent working with those things because two sets of mains cables run parallel beside each other and you can get induced signals between the cables and while a ping can work nothing else does.

The fact the drives might be full should have no bearing on accessing them - it just stops you adding any more files.

What router are you using and is acting as the DHCP server?

As a test use cables to connect the DNS-320 to the router ans a cable to connect the router to your win 7 machine then run NETSCAN and check that you can; first see the NAS and second it displays Volume_1 when you click on the + sign to the left of the IP address.   You also need to check that the NAS and computer are on the same workgroup - where the NAS defaults to 'workgroup' win 7 does not and the update may have changed this.