• April 25, 2024, 10:26:20 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DNS-315 Web UI not accessible  (Read 4426 times)

rillo_balboa

• Level 1 Member
DNS-315 Web UI not accessible
« on: May 17, 2014, 08:36:39 AM »

Sorry that I'm writing my problems with the DNS-315 in this section, but there is no section for this model.

The problem is that the most time I can not access the Web User Interface of the NAS, until i restart it. After restarting it, it is again accessible during a couple of hours or so. When the Web User Interface is not accssible, i can ping to the IP address with success, i can also access the shared folders.
Can someone tell me where is the problem?

Please help me.
I apologize for my bad English.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: DNS-315 Web UI not accessible
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2014, 05:30:34 AM »

Try setting up an IP address reservation in your router assigned to the DNS-315. It sounds like the DNS-315 may be losing the IP address to another networked device.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

mochapenguin

• Level 1 Member
Re: DNS-315 Web UI not accessible
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2014, 04:28:58 PM »

Posting on this thread as I came looking for a solution to the same issue.

I am encountering identical symptoms, only the duration the Web UI of DNS-315 is accessible for a duration way longer. I have successfully accessed the Web UI for days / several weeks after a reboot. Then all of a sudden can't reach it.

Already have an IP reservation on the router. Further, the reason I think this is not an issue of losing IP address is because I can
  • ping it using the hostname,  (resolves to the reserved IP address)
  • DLNA media players have no problems resolving the media server and streaming media from DNS-315
  • Also, like rillo_balboa I can access the CIFS shares on DNS-315 using the same hostname (dns315.local in my case)