The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > Hubs and Switches

NVR connection with switch

<< < (2/3) > >>

FurryNutz:
What happens if you try the A mode cable?

I presume that the NVR is using standard straight through. Seems like either there is a cable issue or a compatibility issue between the NVR and the newer model switch when directly connected.  :-\

coszam:
I'll make up a cable in "A mode" sometime tonight or tomorrow and see if that does the trick.
I'll let you know when after i try it.

do you think i should try a crossed cable if "A mode" doesn't work ? or do you think that would be a waste of time ?

FurryNutz:
Get ahold of the NVR mfr and ask them specifically what the LAN Port supports. See what they say. I don't think a xover cable will help. I presume the 108 and 1010 are similar in nature, just seems like a handshake issue between the NVR and the newer switch. You might call up D-Link and ask for information as well. 
Is the DGS-1016A a Rev A or Rev B?

Rara Avis:
A crossover would be the first thing I try.  These are unmanaged switches, no settings or setup of any kind, as such I would jump directly to cabling.

Auto-MDIX is the name of the feature that is supposed to mean that you will get a link regardless of cable combination, but it can be both a blessing and a curse.  When there are issues, it is not uncommon for it to be very specific (I am talking this chip to that chip with cables wired this way and that are this long kind of specific).

An EIA/TIA 568-A to EIA/TIA 568-A straight-thru is 100% functionally identical to an EIA/TIA 568-B to EIA/TIA 568-B straight-thru.  Normal procedure is to choose one and pin everything in you plant to that pinout (and B is usually the one chosen in my experience).

FurryNutz:
Thank you Rara Avis for the additional information. Hope it helps.  ;)

--- Quote from: Rara Avis on January 26, 2015, 11:34:26 AM ---A crossover would be the first thing I try.  These are unmanaged switches, no settings or setup of any kind, as such I would jump directly to cabling.

Auto-MDIX is the name of the feature that is supposed to mean that you will get a link regardless of cable combination, but it can be both a blessing and a curse.  When there are issues, it is not uncommon for it to be very specific (I am talking this chip to that chip with cables wired this way and that are this long kind of specific).

An EIA/TIA 568-A to EIA/TIA 568-A straight-thru is 100% functionally identical to an EIA/TIA 568-B to EIA/TIA 568-B straight-thru.  Normal procedure is to choose one and pin everything in you plant to that pinout (and B is usually the one chosen in my experience).

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version