• March 28, 2024, 11:19:49 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: DNR-202L - Firmware Wishlist  (Read 34540 times)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
DNR-202L - Firmware Wishlist
« on: December 18, 2013, 08:32:42 AM »

This wishlist contains firmware suggestions provided by the forum community and may not reflect actual changes to current or future D-Link firmware releases. Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue..

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DNR-202L Wishlist

• TBD

Wishlist Items Addressed by D-Link (Thank You!)

• TBD
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

Dalsvzla

• Level 2 Member
Re: DNR-202L - Firmware Wishlist
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 06:17:40 PM »

This is a bug... Anytime that im accessing in my dlink web account (outside network)and after few minutes making playback  the web freeze suddenly and i cant do nothing more tan exit to login site. After relogin mydlink report me the message "Device Password Verification Needed!" and doenst accept me put the admin device password. I have to go personally to site and reboot the NVR directly (costing me time) always has to do a reset to get in again.

I realized that getting in to advance setting from my dlink site and not directly from playback tab help (a little) with this password issue. If you do playback from mydlink playback tab its almost guaranteed the password issue however when you playback directly from NVR INFO tab then ADVANCE SETTING and go to playback it performs better... Some times it freeze and give the password error but after a few minutes will be available to login without have to do reset. The other way you are force to do a reset.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 06:19:59 PM by Dalsvzla »

Dalsvzla

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2013, 06:29:09 PM »

Whislist

Its possible to add a cams management option when accessing from internet and outside network?

When you go NVR INFO TAB (mydlink site) ADVANCE SETTINGS then SETUP TAB then AUDIO AND VIDEO then you go to camera list and click go to device (any of the cams) it can not get in cam setup because are outside network.

Dalsvzla

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2013, 06:36:34 PM »

Whislist

I noted that you cant have the camera and the nvr registered at mydlink account at the same time (much more if the myslink account are differents). Have to delete the camera from your account and just leave the NVR registered.

Its possible to have the cameras registered on mydlink independently to have access directly to the cameras and have the nvr registered at the same time? I wanna see the cameras and the nvr listed and possibly accessed from mydlink.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2013, 04:50:39 AM »

This is a bug... Anytime that im accessing in my dlink web account (outside network)and after few minutes making playback  the web freeze suddenly and i cant do nothing more tan exit to login site. After relogin mydlink report me the message "Device Password Verification Needed!" and doenst accept me put the admin device password. I have to go personally to site and reboot the NVR directly (costing me time) always has to do a reset to get in again.

I realized that getting in to advance setting from my dlink site and not directly from playback tab help (a little) with this password issue. If you do playback from mydlink playback tab its almost guaranteed the password issue however when you playback directly from NVR INFO tab then ADVANCE SETTING and go to playback it performs better... Some times it freeze and give the password error but after a few minutes will be available to login without have to do reset. The other way you are force to do a reset.

Added to wishlist. . . ;)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2013, 04:53:18 AM »

Whislist

Its possible to add a cams management option when accessing from internet and outside network?

When you go NVR INFO TAB (mydlink site) ADVANCE SETTINGS then SETUP TAB then AUDIO AND VIDEO then you go to camera list and click go to device (any of the cams) it can not get in cam setup because are outside network.

I would characterize this more as a mydlink request rather than DNR-202L firmware. You can re-post your request for the mydlink site or relevant mobile apps here: mydlink Cloud boards

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2013, 04:55:34 AM »

Whislist

I noted that you cant have the camera and the nvr registered at mydlink account at the same time (much more if the myslink account are differents). Have to delete the camera from your account and just leave the NVR registered.

Its possible to have the cameras registered on mydlink independently to have access directly to the cameras and have the nvr registered at the same time? I wanna see the cameras and the nvr listed and possibly accessed from mydlink.

I would characterize this more as a mydlink request rather than DNR-202L firmware. You can re-post your request for the mydlink site  here: mydlink.com forum

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2013, 04:55:58 AM »

This wishlist contains firmware suggestions provided by the forum community and may not reflect actual changes to current or future D-Link firmware releases. Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue..

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DNR-202L Wishlist

• [BUG]Video - Playing video from the mydlink site results in a video freeze and admin password failure (requires a reboot to correct) [Issue reported by multiple users]

• TBD

ReverendTed

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2014, 06:00:12 PM »

[Bug] The video playback status box (which shows the date, time, speed, etc) occasionally freezes up.  Recorded video playback continues as normal, and you can turn on the OSD to find out the time, but it makes it more complicated than it should be to navigate playback.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2014, 05:16:46 AM »

[Bug] The video playback status box (which shows the date, time, speed, etc) occasionally freezes up.  Recorded video playback continues as normal, and you can turn on the OSD to find out the time, but it makes it more complicated than it should be to navigate playback.

Added to the firmware wishlist...  ;)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2014, 05:18:15 AM »

DNR-202L Wishlist

• [Bug] Video - Video playback status box (i.e. date, time, speed display) occasionally freezes
  • [BUG]Video - Playing video from the mydlink site results in a video freeze and admin password failure (requires a reboot to correct) [Issue reported by multiple users]

• TBD

kah00na

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2015, 07:05:38 PM »

In "Setup" --> "Add Camera" under "CAMERA LIST", there are 8 slots for cameras. but the DNR-202L stops searching for cameras at 4.  You can manually add a 5th camera to the "CAMERA LIST" and the DNR-202L will save the full list, but there's no option to select which cameras it should monitor and record from.  The back of the box says "...supports video recording from up to 4 mydlink-enabled cameras..."  Based on the fact that there are 8 entries in the firmware, the message on the back could be interpreted to mean that it records from only 4 cameras at a time but supports connecting to up to 8.  Even if that isn't correct, I'd sure like an easy way in the firmware to tell the DNR-202L which of my 5+ cameras to record from.

kah00na

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2015, 07:22:25 PM »

There may be a problem with the DNR-202L auto-finding the DCS-932LB1.  I had 4 cameras and added a DCS-932LB1 to mydlink.com account and it could see it just fine.  However, the DNR-202L wouldn't find the new camera automatically.  I removed my first camera listed ("Setup" --> "Add Camera") and manually added my new DCS-932LB1.  I logged out and back in a little later and it had found the camera I manually deleted and placed it into the 5th slot.

Here are a few others saying they have the same problem:
http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=61488.msg251034#msg251034

kah00na

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2015, 11:32:20 AM »

I've been using the DNR-202L a lot more recently and it has plenty of issues.  I'm working on a review video so I can show the issues I have with it.  Here's a sampling...

1. In playback, why is the "faster" button on the left and "slower" button on the right?  That just seems backward.  Is that suppose to be a "speedometer" between them?
2. Why does the DNR-202L have the ability to find more than 4 cameras if only 4 cameras are supported?
3. If the DNR-202L wants to support finding more than 4 cameras, but recording from only 4, why are the 4 I want to record from not selectable?
4. Why does the "Glance" button not "highlight" when you "mouse over" it?  The other 3 buttons around it do.
5. What does the "binocular" button do?  It is not clickable and there is no pop-up explaining what it is.
6. If there is some way to setup motion based recording on the DNR-202L, it is NOT obvious.  I am convinced this thing can only record all the time or on a schedule and just mark the places in the recording where motion was sensed.  I'm betting there is no "record only when motion is sensed and quit when the motion stops" option.

There are plenty more issues I have with this thing which I'll discuss in an upcoming full review.

skibum123

• Level 1 Member
  • Former Logitech Alert user
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2015, 10:28:52 AM »

Hi, Please add support for this NVR for the brand new DCS-935L HD Wifi Camera.
Pages: [1] 2 3