• April 25, 2024, 01:30:34 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: [SOLVED] DNS 323 seems to cause network problems when connected  (Read 3585 times)

jojothegreat81

• Level 1 Member

Hi all, am new to the forum as I have used the DNS 323 for years without any major troubles.

Now, sadly, this has changed ;)
My router and its devices seems to work properly when the DNS323 is not connected. I connect a desktop PC (LAN, Kubuntu 13.04), Android Smartphone & Tablet, Windows Netbook (all wireless)... all fine.
For some reason now when I connect the NAS to my WNDR3700 Netgear Router, I start getting troubles with some of the wireless devices, if I reboot all the devices with DNS323 connected I basically have no internet connection. Cannot access routerlogin or DNS323 Config interface!!

Only Workaround: disconnect the DNS323 and reboot the router. then my router and the other devices seem to work just fine.

Anybody got ideas whats going on here? Is it indeed a NAS problem or might it be the router?

Thanks for the help!!!
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 04:33:35 AM by jojothegreat81 »

JavaLawyer

• Poweruser
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: DNS 323 seems to cause network problems when connected
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2013, 03:24:55 PM »

Do you have the DHCP Server option enabled on the DNS-323?
In the DNS-323 web UI, navigate to: ADVANCED > DHCP Server

Accidentally enabling this feature could mess with your network.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 03:26:43 PM by JavaLawyer »
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

ivan

• Level 8 Member
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2013, 03:28:18 PM »

It sounds as if it might be a DHCP conflict.

Does your DNS-323 have a fixed IP and is it outside the DHCP range of the router?

Do a netscan of your network with and without the DNS-323, that should tell you if there are conflicts anywhere.

jojothegreat81

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2013, 04:32:25 AM »

Thanks for the replies/tips! I had looked into that with DHCP already. I had a static IP, no DHCP server activated on the DNS323 and the IP was well within the routers range.

I gave it a try and did a firmware upgrade. Now it works again, it did the trick. Hope that stays!

rarewolf

• Level 1 Member
DNS 323 disable DHCP server issues IPs outside LAN subnet
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2014, 08:23:21 AM »

I recently had a problem with hardwired and wifi devices dynamically being issued 192.160.0.x IPs when the only DHCP server, my primary router, should be issuing 192.168.2.x IPs.  The command 'ipconfig /all' revealed the errant IPs were being issued by my DNS-323 NAS.  I logged into the NAS, and found the DHCP server was disabled, however the IPs it would be issuing were 192.168.0.x.  I enabled the DCHP only for changing the it to the proper subnet and above '200', and then disabled it again.

All appears to be working well now and all IPs are below '200', but why the NAS should have been issuing IPs in the 1st place remains a mystery.  There still may be problems if it is still issuing IPs--how can I make sure it is not?

Firmware 1.09
TIA & cheerios from the Avalon Peninsula  :)