• April 25, 2024, 07:54:36 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Video / Audio fail after few minutes. Reboot fixes problem for few minutes  (Read 3741 times)

Stifi81

• Level 1 Member

Hi to all D-Link Users

I hope someone can reproduce my problem with my D-Link DCS-5222LB. Because I can't find anyone else with my problem:

I installed the DCS-5222LB / Frimware 2.14.04 around one year ago. It was new. Since then it was running without any difficulty. I frequently updatet the firmware. The last time around the end of september. So now it's actually running 2.14.04. I have the B Hardwareversion. I allways checked that I got the right firmware. I'm using the cam as a baby monitor, wallmounted, LED's deactivated, wired by ethernet directly to my Zywall USG 40 with a fixed IP. Recording is done by Surveillance Station of a 5 bay Synology NAS. I coul allways access the cam with my browser (firefox and chrome) and also I added the cam to tinyCam Pro and IP Cam Viewer on android and also to App called baby Monitor on iPad and iPhone. I did not register to D-Link online service, if I need to access the camera from the Internet I use VPN. I never had aproblem accessing the camera.

Around 2 weeks ago it suddenly got weird. The camera turned off the IR LED and there was no picture and sound anymore on any App or browser or Synology on my local network. The strange thing is dough, through the browser on my windows machine I can still access the web gui of the camera. But there is no video or sound on the "live Video" tab. After a reboot of the camera I do have video and sound again on the same browser and all the apps again. After a few minutes video and audio stops again and the IR is turned off also. Everytime I reboot the camera, it's the same.

What I tryied to fix the problem:

- Reset the camera to factory settings over web gui / no effect, still the same problem
- downgraded the firmware to 2.13.01 / no effect, still the same problem
- installed newes firmware again 2.14.04 / no effect, still the same problem
- reset the camera over hard-reset (reset button on the back of the camera) as told in manual / no effect, still the same problem
- tested the voltage output of the power cable: everything ok
- tested the LAN cable with cable testing device: everything ok

Does anyone know of this problem? Or any suggestions what else I can try to fix it?

Personaly for me it looks like some broken hardware within the camera. I just don't want to buy a new one because then I would have spent the money for a baby monitor twice. And I bought this camera to have a realy nice baby monitor much cheaper and better than the ones from Philipps...and so on...

Thanks for your help!

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
Re: Video / Audio fail after few minutes. Reboot fixes problem for few minutes
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2016, 10:21:29 AM »

It appears you have covered all your options in trying to fix it.

I guess if you had another computer to try.

So Ip Cam viewer also stops displaying video in the same manner?

Sometimes these cameras do die and don't last very long.

I still have my 5222LB running original F/W.  No issues that I know of here.  I don't use it much.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2016, 12:27:20 PM »

I recommend that you phone contact your ISP support office and ask for help and information regarding this. If this unit was provided by the ISP, then it may have there own FW and support features which will need to be addressed directly with the ISP since it's there HW. We find that phone contact has better immediate results over using email.
Let us know how it goes please.
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.

Stifi81

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2016, 02:12:17 PM »

I recommend that you phone contact your ISP support office and ask for help and information regarding this. If this unit was provided by the ISP, then it may have there own FW and support features which will need to be addressed directly with the ISP since it's there HW. We find that phone contact has better immediate results over using email.
Let us know how it goes please.

Hi

I don't get it. What does the problem have to do with my ISP? I bought the camera my self and the problem is within my local network. It is an original product from an electronic reseller in my country, there is no proprietary FW on the camera. there was the original D-Link Firmware on it when I bought it. I think I'm just going to send the camera to d-link to fix it, it has still warranty I found out...but thanks anyway for your help...

Stifi81

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2016, 02:17:34 PM »

It appears you have covered all your options in trying to fix it.

I guess if you had another computer to try.

So Ip Cam viewer also stops displaying video in the same manner?

Sometimes these cameras do die and don't last very long.

I still have my 5222LB running original F/W.  No issues that I know of here.  I don't use it much.

Hi Ryat3

I tried to get the stream on a MacBook, Chromebook, and Windows, allways the same problem. Also on every mobil device like android and iOs. And yes, when the problem accurs, it also stops playing the video on IP-Cam Viewer. Just so you get me wright: I do only connect the camera local within my network. So I'm not trying to connect over D-Link online services...the real strange thing is that when the problem accurs, I can still log in to the camera by web-gui, I just don't see a stream. It looks like its loading the plugin within the browser, and then the picture turns white...no error message...even in the log-file...Thanks for your help...

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2016, 09:42:31 AM »

Can you try Safari and FF on Mac and IE11 and FF on Windows to see if this still happens?

li]What region are you located?[/li][/list]

What Mfr and model is the main host router?
What wireless modes are you using?
What is the distance between the Camera and the main host router?
How many other wireless devices do you have connected to the main host router?
  • Any 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz cordless house phones or WiFi APs near by that maybe causing interferences?
  • Any other WiFi routers in the area that maybe causing interferences? Link> Use a WiFi Scanner to find out. How many?

I recommend setting a static IP address ON the cameras outside of the main host routers default DHCP IP address pool as a troubleshooting stepDHCP

Test cameras with uPnP and uPnP Port Forwarding both enabled on ALL cameras: DCS Cloud (L) Series Camera Configuration and Mydlink.com

Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.