• March 28, 2024, 07:22:52 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: A Software Utility To Monitor Who is on My Network?  (Read 3555 times)

Hawkwind

• Level 1 Member
A Software Utility To Monitor Who is on My Network?
« on: May 08, 2010, 11:18:55 AM »

I was hoping when I bought this router that it would come with software that would allow me to see my network and who is on it at a glance. Years ago, I had an older LinkSys router (which I have just replaced with the DIR-601) that came with a utility that allowed me to see who was on my network (view either by list, or visual graphic connection tree) and also told me if I was not secured.

I think I'm secured, but I'm paranoid  :D - I want visual confirmation. D-Link doesn't seem to have anything available like that - is there a third-party software app that would do it for me?

Oloff

• Level 1 Member
Re: A Software Utility To Monitor Who is on My Network?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 11:09:06 PM »

If you are running windows vista or windows 7 you should be able to into network and sharing center in the control panel. Here you can click view full map to see all computers connected to the network. Of course, you could always go into your router page by typing 192.168.0.1 in your browser. If you've created a password type that, otherwise the password is usually "admin". Click the status tab at the top and and scroll down to see the names of computers or devices connected.