• April 19, 2024, 07:25:12 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: ssh not getting through  (Read 3769 times)

longtex

• Level 1 Member
ssh not getting through
« on: November 05, 2009, 07:41:03 AM »

I replaced an older LinkSys wireless router with a new DIR-615, and I have two issues with it. One is that it has the same IP as the DSL modem, and I haven't been able to get it to pass through DHCP requests to the SonicWall (I use static IP addresses), but that's not the problem I want to ask about here.

The DIR-615 sits on the LAN side of my SonicWall, and its only job in life is to provide wireless access to my LAN for my computers downstairs. The LinkSys worked fine, but the range was somewhat limited - couldn't get to the back area (shop, studio, garage) very well. The DLink has much better range, and that part makes me happy.

The problem is, I have several Linux servers connected to the SonicWall, and I frequently need to access them with SSH from a computer on the DLink side, and the DLink is somehow blocking SSH. I see port forwarding in the setup, but I don't want to forward SSH to a specific IP - there are three Linux boxes I need to access. This was (and is, if I put it back in service) not an issue with the LinkSys.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks - Tex

EDIT:  Found one way around it - changed the port on the linux boxes to one that wasn't blocked; since there are only a very few users, it doesn't matter what the port is (as long as there isn't a conflict with a used one). Still... if you have any ideas, I'd love to hear them Thanks for reading.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 08:16:04 AM by longtex »