• April 16, 2024, 11:30:04 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Wizard can't find camera. Router does not allow upnp either.  (Read 3584 times)

cpc99

• Level 1 Member
Wizard can't find camera. Router does not allow upnp either.
« on: August 23, 2014, 06:30:09 PM »

Hi,

I've been trying to get the wizard to find my new DCS-930L and it can't.  I have h/w B1, wizard 1.04.12, firmware 2.0.17-b70 - you can't match these b/c they are the only wizard/firmware combos that exist for B.  My router is an ARRIS NVG589, which unfortunately does NOT support uPNP.  I've spent several hours combing these forums and trying various things to no avail.  I can connect to the camera fine via wired AND wireless, have also tried disabling all f/w software.

* It seems you can only register the camera to mydlink via the Wizard.  Given my router doesn't support uPNP, am I out of luck?  If I knew *how* the wizard tries to find the camera (ports, protocols, etc) I could troubleshoot but I can't find that info anywhere. 
* I know how to setup port forwarding or even IP passthrough for my router, but again, that's pointless w/o any knowledge of what the wizard is trying to do.

Unfortunately, this camera is useless to me unless I can take advantage of the mydlink software :(

Any help appreciated, thanks.

fishbeast

• Level 1 Member
Re: Wizard can't find camera. Router does not allow upnp either.
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 04:07:49 AM »

I had the same problem. The camera is pretty well useless as you say. I can only connect to it via the internet browser.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 05:30:52 AM »

The D-Link USA site and support.dlink.com have FW v2.017b06.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

cpc99

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2014, 11:47:38 PM »

Yeah, unfortunately, I tried that FW version and still didn't work.  Oh well.