• April 19, 2024, 08:14:27 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Cannot access DNS-321  (Read 4293 times)

jimslag

• Level 1 Member
Cannot access DNS-321
« on: December 15, 2014, 01:07:34 PM »

Hello, I have a DNS-321, bought about 5 years ago. I transferred some files like music and others that I don't use that often. A little while ago, my house took a lightning strike that damaged my computer, router, modem and surge suppressor. The NAS did not take it, as it was not hooked up at that time. I have rebuilt my computer, got a new router and modem. However, I plugged in the DNS-321 to my new network and I cannot access it. The computer does not even recognize it or find it when I search for new device. I have taken it apart and checked the battery - OK. I have removed everything I could and it all checks out fine. I have even tried to reload the driver but the computer still says no device found. Any ideas? Or should I just give up and trash the enclosure? As far as I can tell the drives are still OK and I can use them in other machines. I know this device is no longer supported by D-Link but maybe somebody had a similar happenstance. Thank you in advance for any information.

JavaLawyer

• Poweruser
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: Cannot access DNS-321
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 01:43:13 PM »

Connect the DNS-321 directly to your router and use the router web UI to look for the DNS-321 on the connected device table.  If the DNS-321 is "live", you should find the IP address listed. Enter the IP address of the DNS-321 in the address bar of a browser of a PC connected to the same LAN to access the DNS-321 web UI.

The following nomenclature is required to access your data volume on the DNS-321: [IP_ADDRESS]/Volume_1 (e.g. 192.168.0.5/Volume_1)
You can map this address using Windows.  The driver and software you mention are not required to use the DNS-321 from a Windows PC.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC