• March 28, 2024, 02:26:19 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DNS-320L set-up  (Read 1886 times)

Raidermoto

DNS-320L set-up
« on: August 27, 2017, 11:32:03 PM »

Hi guys, I'm trying to er-establish communication with my 320L.  I have purchased a new PC and now the 320 doesn't appear on the network.  Everything is hardwired and when I have attempted to use the set-up wizard it won't go beyond "Input The Admin Password".  When I hit the 'next button I receive a message stating the WiFi signal is too weak, but the 320L is connected directly to the router with cat5.

Any suggestions?

Cheers Moz

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: DNS-320L set-up
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2017, 08:15:06 AM »

Link>Welcome!

• What Hardware version is your DNS? Look at the sticker behind or under the device.
  • Link>What Firmware version is currently loaded? Found on the DNSs web page under status.
  • What region are you located?

What Mfr and model is the main host router?
Is the DNS getting a Dynamic IP address from the main host router? I recommend using a Static IP address ON the DNS set to 192.168.#.20 or .32.
Swap out LAN cables. Link> Cat6 is recommended.

Try LAN wire connecting your PC to the main host router and see if you can connect to the DNS. Access the DNS IP address its currently getting from the main host router. Review the main host routers connected client table to see what IP address it's getting.

Use IE11 or FF browser to connect to the DNS.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 09:12:01 AM by FurryNutz »
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.

ivan

• Level 8 Member
Re: DNS-320L set-up
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2017, 05:00:53 AM »

Assuming you haven't changed anything on your network except your PC I very much doubt that the NAS is the problem (if you still have your old PC you can test this by reconnecting it to the network).

Does your new PC connect to the network in the same way as the old one (if cabled are you using the same cable)?  If you have changed cables, check all the cables at the router are securely plugged in (we have seen where removing one cable plug has also caused another one to become loose and lose connection, I have even seen one case where a cable was pulled out of the plug).

If your new PC connects via Wireless, or has the option to do so, make sure it is:
a) connected to YOUR router and not the one next door
b) if there is both wired and wireless and you have a wired connection make sure that is the default (many PCs with both make wireless the default connection).

Another test is to run something like Netscan (available for both windows and android) to see what is on your network
Netcsan (windows) https://www.softperfect.com/products/networkscanner/
Netscan (android) from Play Store.

For the windows version you will need to know the base IP address of your router.  The android version works that out based on its wireless address IP.
I would run Netscan from the PC and an android tablet or phone.  I the NAS can be seen by the tablet or phone but not the PC the the PC connection to the network is the problem.