• April 26, 2024, 07:36:40 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Beta Firmware Testing Program?  (Read 3670 times)

w8ufo

Beta Firmware Testing Program?
« on: September 11, 2007, 02:42:04 PM »

Greetings!  Is there a way to sign up for the beta firmware testing program?  I just picked up one of these routers and would be happy to test.

I saw the news item about the Beta forum, but don't see it anywhere.  I registered the product at the D-Link website.

Thanks in advance!

Fatman

• Level 9 Member
Re: Beta Firmware Testing Program?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2007, 03:08:27 PM »

This is the beta forums

This is a beta project designed to help bring D-Links customers together in a constructive environment to help each other as well as receive a few nudges from D-Link personnel.  It is a beta project because for the time being it is restricted to our Draft N equipment, it is a pilot group that will allow us to decide whether we want to expand to cover more products.

We do not (currently or expect to in the near future) offer any beta code for testing over this forum, this is rather a place to get the ideas and support of your peers so we can all assist in making D-Link products work better for each other.  As well as enjoy some idle banter concerning D-Link products.
non progredi est regredi

Lycan

• Administrator
  • Level 15 Member
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2007, 11:33:39 AM »

w8ufo if you're inquiring about the Beta firmware for the DIR-655, that was a closed beta. It was limited to a certain group of select individuals. I apologize for the confusion.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 12:44:09 PM by Lycan »

Archangel

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2007, 10:07:23 AM »

If we can't participate in the beta program, is there a way we can get the status of the problems reported? Considering I have spent a fair amount of time talking with your senior tech people about the glitch found after Shaw upgraded their hardware. It would be silly if you can't duplicate the problem, but I can and you don't take advantage of it.