• March 28, 2024, 11:02:27 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DCS-930L Can't connect to network MAC  (Read 5446 times)

DrakeGSD

• Level 1 Member
DCS-930L Can't connect to network MAC
« on: May 06, 2011, 08:00:34 AM »

I downloaded the MAC setup Utility(BETA) and it can't find the camera.
The camera is connected via Ethernet-Light on the front under the lens is green (blinks sometimes)
First thing I noticed wrong was the setup utility asks if the light on the side of the camera is lit green-there's no light on the side of the camera as far as I can tell. I tried unplugging the camera and hitting the reset button on the back-nothing helps. Any help would be appreciated.

PC: MAC OSX 10.6.7 (2.2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo/4GB RAM)
Router: Linksys WRT54G Wireless-G Broadband 2.4GHz
Browser: FireFox 4.0.1

DrakeGSD

• Level 1 Member
Re: DCS-930L Can't connect to network MAC
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 07:56:04 PM »

Returning this POS. Last D-link product I buy.

hijeff1

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2011, 06:39:57 AM »

Did you return it?  I have a mac and got the Dlink to work on my home network.  Now I'm having a hard time setting up motion notifications sent to my email address.

If you did return it, what did you end purchasing?  I was thinking about getting the Logitech Security system.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2011, 07:42:21 AM »

Did you return it?  I have a mac and got the Dlink to work on my home network.  Now I'm having a hard time setting up motion notifications sent to my email address.

If you did return it, what did you end purchasing?  I was thinking about getting the Logitech Security system.

Here's a post for an alternative brand/model another disgruntled DCS user purchased.  You'll have to evaluate this on your own as I have no experience with Foscam:

Just a follow up:

I purchased this Foscam: http://www.amazon.com/Foscam-FI8918W-Wireless-Camera-Viewing/dp/B0046710G6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1310086178&sr=8-1

It was incredibly easy to set up for wired and wireless viewing in and out of my network, produces a far better picture than the DLink and has more features--it can pan and tilt and has IR for night viewing.

I should have started with this cam.  I won't be buying DLink again.  I would recommend this camera for anyone struggling with their DCS-930L.  You do need to know how to log into your router to set up port forwarding, and you will need a free dyndns.com account if you would like to view the cam from outside your network.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC