• April 28, 2024, 04:33:08 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Problem BT [SOLVED]  (Read 4704 times)

topikito

• Level 2 Member
Problem BT [SOLVED]
« on: September 02, 2009, 03:34:23 PM »

Hi,

I was using F 1.08b2. All was 'fine'. The unique problem was that a download in the Torrent was making it self recheck all the time (when it finished the check (check = when you restart the NAS, it checks the downloaded data), it began again but i hadn't restarted: 3 GB / 6GB file). It was OK with me if i had to delete it, but I upgraded to 1.08b5: The torrent was still crazy. Trying to fix it but couldn't, i decided to 'downgrade' to FW 1.07 (i had it before, and it went OK). More of the same crazy stuff. Now I have deleted the 'crazy' torrent, but I can't add new ones. For example, I'm trying to download the ArchLinux ISO, I browse the torrent, I select it, and I press 'Add'. It attemps to upload the torrent, but... nothing! The torrent isn't there... neither at the incomplete folder. It happens also with other torrents.

I will add that when I 'downgraded', the NAS reseted itself with system default config (:S thought I forgot my admin password xD).

Anybody know anything about this wired behavior?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 05:02:52 AM by topikito »

topikito

• Level 2 Member
Re: Problem BT [SOLVED]
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 05:04:22 AM »

SOLVED:

I was testing something...

1.- ReInstalled the BitTorrent (Nothing changed)
2.- Deleted the *.torrent that was in the torrent folder (Something changed)
3.- SOLVED! When adding a new torrent, now it appears, and it downloads :D

Cheenah

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2009, 07:23:13 PM »

I would just like to add that I had virtually the same exact problem and resolution on my DNS-321.  Man I wish I saw your post earlier!  I'm thinking that I didn't find your post, even though I searched the forums like a madman, because I used different keywords.  So, here I will put some keywords for future folks with this problem:

REMINDER: to solve a problem with P2P not working, especially if the P2P page refuses to show any files or status: simply browse to the folder "P2P" on the NAS and delete everything in the subfolders Completed and Incomplete (I did not need to delete those folders).  Just get rid of complete or incomplete files and folders and it will work again!

keywords: torrent P2P not working problem fixed resolved

Headcase_Fargone

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2009, 05:31:20 AM »

I'm having the same issue, but am unable to delete anything from the incomplete folder.  I can move things out of complete (and have), but I get a permissions error trying to delete from incomplete.  Unix User/root permission required or somesuch.  I'm no expert on Linux filesystems or permissions and everything is set to default out of the box settings.

Any ideas?

Also, I REALLY dislike that I have to delete 20gbs of a 30gb torrent to get it working again.  Is there no other work-around?

Edit:  I should note that I'm having this issue on my DNS-321, not the 323.  Solution should be the same though, I'd imagine.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 05:34:55 AM by Headcase_Fargone »

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2009, 08:29:04 AM »

We'll if there complete torrents I would recommend just moving them out of that folder if it is something you would like to keep.
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

Headcase_Fargone

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2009, 10:24:19 AM »

Two of the four are complete.  And I can't move or delete anything from the incomplete folder as it's telling me I don't have Unix User/root permission to do so.

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2009, 11:51:16 AM »

Yeah it owned my the P2P app until it is complete you will need to uninstall the app and reset the unit to factory defaults and delete the files.

Headcase_Fargone

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2009, 01:02:01 PM »

No way to change the owner on that share?  I know how to do that in NTFS, but not whatever the 321 uses.

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2009, 01:30:34 PM »

On the network access rules however resetting the unit default should reset all folders to open access.

Headcase_Fargone

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2009, 05:13:08 PM »

The only way to get P2P functioning again appears to be by just removing the incomplete torrents and starting over from scratch.  As this is the second time it's happened (with different torrents) this add-on is completely useless to me.