• April 25, 2024, 07:45:24 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Anyone using Phil Wigglesworth's Vista/7 Gadget for DNS-323 with 1.07 or 1.08?  (Read 6742 times)

zmcmahan

• Level 1 Member

Saw a few posts about this gadget for Vista and Windows 7 and wondered how it was working with Windows Vista and/or Windows 7 with Firmware 1.07 or 1.08?

Any issues with hard drive not hibernating? Causing any issues with the unit itself, etc?

Thanks for any info.

For those that aren't familiar...here is the link to the Gadget.

http://philwigglesworth.net/BlogEngine.NET/post/2008/10/06/DNS-323-Windows-Vista-Gadget.aspx

gunrunnerjohn

• Level 11 Member

The comments say it doesn't work with 1.08b8, so I suspect you'll have to wait until he upgrades and fixes it. :)
Microsoft MVP - Windows Desktop Experience
Remember: Data you don't have two copies of is data you don't care about!
PS: RAID of any level is NOT a second copy.

JocastaWindu

• Level 1 Member

I'm using yahoo widgets instead and the one available on the beta-ftp. I think it's better than the gadgets. Widgets don't seem to work on W7 though...

ftp://ftp.dlink.com/Multimedia/dns323/Beta/
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 05:10:24 AM by JocastaWindu »

philw

• Level 1 Member

It works fine with 1.08 production, although you have to change the timeout a bit (see comments..)

P01arBear

• Level 2 Member

Go in the widgets's configs and set the timeout to 10000ms, it should run fine after.
DWA-552 Atheros 9.2.0.105 driver w/ ANT24-0230
DIR-655 A4 Firmware 1.21