• April 25, 2024, 12:12:56 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Don't succeed to enter menu of DIR-635 with web  (Read 8876 times)

TDH

• Level 1 Member
Don't succeed to enter menu of DIR-635 with web
« on: January 26, 2013, 04:08:35 AM »

I linked my D-Link DIR-635 router to my computer via one of the lan ports and linked this router to the cable modem via an ethernet cable.
I don't succeed to have any view on the configuration menu via 192.168.0.1 in my browser.
At the moment, the 4 lan leds are blinking and the internet led too, not the status led; the power one is bright.

Hard Harry

Re: Don't succeed to enter menu of DIR-635 with web
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2013, 04:48:24 AM »

Check to make sure your computer is set to DHCP. If it already is, do Windows + R > CMD > Ipconfig  and tell me what your default gateway is? If not 192.168.0.1, there is your problem.

TDH

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2013, 05:23:04 AM »

In facts, i really succeeded in connecting with my router when i was connected by USB... This is not the normal way!
How do i know my PC is DHCP ready?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 05:32:34 AM by TDH »

Hard Harry

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2013, 05:44:37 AM »

USB?  ???

You mean USB from the router to PC? No, this shouldn't work. The USB port on the router is for either Shareport (printer, media, etc) or 3G (If allowed).

As for DHCP, what OS do you have?

TDH

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2013, 05:54:40 AM »

That works! ;) but after configuration i need to have the router attached to my PC for another PC has a connection via wifi!!!

i use Windows 7

i saw that my LAN card has DHCP activated and i use it at the moment for this connection at this website!

Hard Harry

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2013, 06:06:00 AM »

Ok and what is your default gateway?

TDH

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2013, 07:03:24 AM »

When i connect my LAN card to the router and launch ipconfig, it is said that LAN media is disconnected. there is no default gateway indicated. it seems that my router didn't respond any more via LAN port...
At the moment, the four LAN port LEDs are blinking...

Hard Harry

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2013, 07:24:54 AM »

Ok, clarification is required. Give me a complete break down of your network setup.

TDH

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2013, 07:46:17 AM »

My network is very simple. i have only one wifi connection (non functional at the moment) with my router which is connected via ethernet cable to a cable modem (Motorola). the connection with my isp is activated as i am using it now.
I have a secured wireless config.
i insist on LEDs just because the status one is not blinking any more, except when a usb link is established.
i have to add that the wifi connection worked during 4 years without any problem. it stops after an electrical breakdown...
At the moment, i have a default gateway ip indicated with my LAN connection to the internet, but when i connect it to my router (powered! and linked to the cable modem), no connection arise (then no default gateway ip indicated).

Hard Harry

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2013, 08:51:37 AM »

Ok, to clarify, right now your going Modem > PC and if you connect your PC wired to the LAN port it says "Network cable unplugged". That isolates the problem to either a broken router, broken ethernet cord, or broken NIC on your PC. And given that your wireless doesn't work either (correct?) I would say broken router. Im going to guess it was damaged by electrical break down.

TDH

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2013, 09:06:36 AM »

not so simple... because the router works perfectly when it is connected via usb link! if i keep this link i can even access the internet via wifi with another computer!!
it seems that the usb link became mandatory... Do you know a mean to inactivate it?

Hard Harry

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2013, 10:57:11 AM »

It isn't. So your saying when you connect USB from PC to DIR-635 your local area connection goes from "network cable unplugged" to connected and providing a gateway? If so, then you have stumped me. That would like you saying it doesn't work unless you but a bagel on it.