• April 15, 2024, 10:50:08 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DNS-323 drivers need vista and windows 7  (Read 6436 times)

jimthetraveller

• Level 1 Member
DNS-323 drivers need vista and windows 7
« on: January 05, 2010, 05:17:14 AM »

Up to yesterday my 1.5 year old DNS-323 worked fine(aside from the occasional restart with the power cord being pulled).  It is connected to a Thomnson Router and is accessed by a Windows 7 Desktop, a Windows Vista latop and an Apple TV (the latter two wirelessly).

Then without any obvious reason both the W7 and Vista machine lost access to it. I could still access the DNS-323 admin pages and see the device via the router admin tools. Looking at the device manager on both windows machines both report the DNS-323 as have faulty drivers. I tried to resinstall the new ones from the support page but both machines failed with this.

I then upgraded the firmware from 1.07 to 1.08 and the W7 then managed to find the NAS (even with faulty drivers) but the Vista laptop, despite another attempt to reinstall the drivers can see the DNS-323 on the network but can't see any folders on it.

Any ideas? I'll be grateful for any help, the laptop is my wife's and she is going mad not being able to access the photo's on the NAS!

gunrunnerjohn

• Level 11 Member
Re: DNS-323 drivers need vista and windows 7
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2010, 05:31:09 AM »

Did you try resetting it to factory defaults and reconfiguring it?  I can't think of a single reason this should happen to a normally working DNS-323.  I have a DNS-321 and a DNS-323, and they've both worked with everything from W2K to Win7 with no drivers of any kind, other than what Windows ships with.
Microsoft MVP - Windows Desktop Experience
Remember: Data you don't have two copies of is data you don't care about!
PS: RAID of any level is NOT a second copy.

jimthetraveller

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2010, 07:02:53 AM »

Will the reset (I assume you mean the soft reset in tools) delete or affect the data in any way?

gunrunnerjohn

• Level 11 Member
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2010, 07:55:29 AM »

A factory reset should not affect the data.  At least D-Link says it won't, and it didn't when I performed one on my box. :)

jimthetraveller

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2010, 11:45:39 AM »

A factory reset seemed to fixed the problem and windows seems to managed to install the drivers. Thanks.

gunrunnerjohn

• Level 11 Member
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2010, 11:58:30 AM »

Good news.

I'd love to know what gets corrupted and requires a factory reset, but it seems to cure a variety of ills with this box.