• March 29, 2024, 08:38:04 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: microSD not reading, saying SD Status : Reinitialization  (Read 21301 times)

daprezjer

• Level 1 Member
microSD not reading, saying SD Status : Reinitialization
« on: November 05, 2012, 08:11:40 AM »

I'm trying to use my installed (working, clean) SD card, but on the SD management screen doesn't list it.  Instead, where the SD status is it says "SD Status : Reinitialization".  I'm a techie guy so I've done all the standard things you'd try: I've made sure it's pushed in all the way, that it's in the right way (it really only goes in one way), and that's it's a writable (tried it on another device). I've also upgraded the firmware (it was almost current already), reformatted the card, reset and restarted the device, etc.  A web search and a search of this forum turn up nothing about "Reinitialization" for this product.  So at this point, I'm guessing this isn't a typical problem and the thing is broke and just unable to read a card. Any reason to think otherwise?

Thanks,
Jeremy

Allen

• Level 2 Member
Re: microSD not reading, saying SD Status : Reinitialization
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 09:25:33 PM »

Please go to SD Recording webpage of DCS-942L first and then disable SD Recording.
Then go to SD Management webpage of DCS-942L and click Format button to erase your SD Card.
After finish the operation above, you will find the SD Card status will change from Re-initialization for Ready.

conymx

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2013, 08:40:07 PM »

My problem is that it doesn't read my sd card. The error said Please note that there is no SD Card plugged into the camera or the SD Card is not writable.
SD Recording is enabled.

How can I do to see my sd card?????

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2013, 09:18:46 PM »

My problem is that it doesn't read my sd card. The error said Please note that there is no SD Card plugged into the camera or the SD Card is not writable.
SD Recording is enabled.

How can I do to see my sd card?????

Maybe try this: DISABLE SD RECORDING, then FORMAT the card, then REENABLE recording.

Let us know if this works.

fmarzano

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2013, 08:33:43 AM »

I have the same message error but with the model DCS-5222L.

So I have formatted on Windows XP in FAT 32, disabled / restart the cam / enabled again and it DO NOT work yet.

The MicroSD card is SanDisk Ultra 32 GB MicroSDHC C10/UHS1 Memory Card

What should i do?

message error: Please note that there is no SD Card plugged in camera or the SD Card is not writable

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2013, 09:17:50 AM »

I would check to make sure that this model of SD card is officially supported by the DCS series. Not sure of this C10/UHS-1 is a different model type or just a model branding.  ???

I have the same message error but with the model DCS-5222L.

So I have formatted on Windows XP in FAT 32, disabled / restart the cam / enabled again and it DO NOT work yet.

The MicroSD card is SanDisk Ultra 32 GB MicroSDHC C10/UHS1 Memory Card

What should i do?

message error: Please note that there is no SD Card plugged in camera or the SD Card is not writable
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.

jeff_lim

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2013, 02:19:41 AM »

Hi,

Have the same problem on 2 DCS-5222L that I bought recently to monitor my new born. One of the camera initially works with my normal 32GB SD card from San Disk. But after a few weeks (i did not check in until i tried to install my second camera) it made my 32GB SD Card unusable (I bought it new for this purpose). It feels warm when I took it out of the camera, now I cannot detect it using any PC/laptops at home.

In my second camera, it never got to "ready" for any of the 4 SD cards I have. The best I ever got to was "Re-initialization" - cannot format cause it does not allow formatting till it is detected.

Considering sending both camera back to Dlink for checks and repairs. Not sure if there is bug in firmware or SD card reader hardware.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Jeff

jeff_lim

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2013, 10:23:02 AM »

Update:
After a few attempts with the following suggested steps from RYAT3: "DISABLE SD RECORDING, then FORMAT the card, then REENABLE recording", I got one of my 16GB Kingston Micro SD card working on the second camera. Will have to test my first camera unit tomorrow as its mounted in place (hard to reach). I still wonder why this product is so unreliable with SD card.. hope they will add NAS functionality to facilitate recording - one big reason for my decision to buy this particular model.

I will have to swap my new SD card for warranty... :(.

Thanks,
Jeff

somouk

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2013, 01:20:13 AM »

You could always use alternative software on a NAS to record the camera streams.

Synology have some software that works fine.