• April 23, 2024, 10:22:44 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Streaming to Roku Soundbridge  (Read 3744 times)

DufferDan

Streaming to Roku Soundbridge
« on: January 14, 2008, 12:39:29 PM »

I purchased the 323 to stream primarily audio to my Roku Soundbridge so that I did not have to have my computer and iTunes running

After much trial and error, the Roku sees the DNS 323, and can see some of the songs. However, my music library is into th 60GB range and the Roku only sees about 190 items on the DNS. Actually playng music is very trial and error. usually, it refuses to play the music.

My music is about 90% AAC at 192 or 256 kbps, the other 10% is MP3 at about 192 or 256 kbps. The Roku is hardwired via ethernet, 10/100/1000, and the 655 N-5 port router through a 10/100/1000 switch. The DNS 323 is connected to the 4 port router. The Roku path goes through the switch and router to the DNS 323.

The ROKU was rock solid when playing music via iTunes and never skipped a beat. Also, I am a completely Mac houshold, the main machine is a new 2.66Ghz mac tower, 4GB RAM, but also have a 1999 tower, 2001 iBook and a 2006Macbook on the net. The MacPro is ethernet, the old tower is connected to network via N-PCI card wirelessly, and the 'books are either ethernet or wireless G.

Any tips? I am on the verge of installing TwonkyMedia on the DNS due to frustration, but I am not a Telnet expert nor do I have much understanding of Linux or Unix code. I am fearful of bricking the 323, but starting to run out of patience.

Also, I am keen to be able to stream home movies in hi-def from the 323 to my PS3, so any tips on optimal setup, leaving actual computers out of the loop, is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance. PS, excuse me if I am missinng the glaringly obvious. My family considers me a geek, but I actually know nothing about this stuff, hence their frustration when I vastly overreach my cababilities with ambitious projects like this.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2008, 12:46:08 PM by DufferDan »

marca

• Level 1 Member
Re: Streaming to Roku Soundbridge
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2008, 06:31:46 AM »

I recommend following the guide at wiki.dns323.info and install firefly -> it helped me.

JonClaud

Re: Streaming to Roku Soundbridge
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2008, 08:24:52 AM »

Please make sure you that you have the latest firmware v1.04 installed. You can find it on the web site.

http://support.dlink.com/products/view.asp?productid=DNS%2D323