• April 26, 2024, 05:22:52 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Problems with OneNote and Excel files  (Read 3833 times)

czhower

• Level 2 Member
Problems with OneNote and Excel files
« on: January 08, 2009, 05:02:39 PM »

One note using files shared on the 321 often reports corrupted sections, and often says it cannot save a section and I have to recover it.

Excel also usually opens files and says it cannot obtain a lock, and I click notify and a second later it says I have read write access.

It appears the oplocks are "delayed" by a second or so. I've never had this problem with other shares.

1) Is anyone else seeing this?

2) What are the consequences of disabling oplocks?

zlatan24

• Level 1 Member
Re: Problems with OneNote and Excel files
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 02:55:29 AM »

One note using files shared on the 321 often reports corrupted sections, and often says it cannot save a section and I have to recover it.

Excel also usually opens files and says it cannot obtain a lock, and I click notify and a second later it says I have read write access.

It appears the oplocks are "delayed" by a second or so. I've never had this problem with other shares.

1) Is anyone else seeing this?

2) What are the consequences of disabling oplocks?

To my mind I have necessary knowlede for solving such situation. One of the best method would become the next tool. It helped me and some my friends for some minutes and demonstrated many other interesting facilities, general of them is ability working out other kinds of troubles with ms excel - excel 2002 font problem.