• April 18, 2024, 04:07:18 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Please can you help?  (Read 10724 times)

Sibe

• Level 1 Member
Please can you help?
« on: June 17, 2011, 06:39:31 AM »

Hi there hope you can help.

I have recently purchased a dsm 510 for the primary purpose of playing tv recordings from my windows media centre of and have run to audio and video sync problems for which there doesn't seem a cure using the standard setup.

I have persevered by using tversity with some success but not ideal in that I can't fast forward and can't list episode names to name but a few. Does anyone know of a better solution?

My recent problem arose yesterday when I was trying to get it to work. I have kept having to enter the wireless password almost every time I switch on which I am sure is not right but it did work and connect the router. In trying to sort out that problem I deleted the wireless profile for my router to start again but when I switched on again it would ask for the code which I would enter but when I select ok nothing happens it's as if I haven't selected it but I know I have. I am able to use the remote to select cancel and other options but cannot get it to even try and connect. It does scan and find router.

It has worked before and doesn't connect to my mobile which can act as a router so assume not router problem. Connection ok via ethernet. Tried hard reset using hole at the bottom but no change. Cannot select reset on menu as same problem with ok button. It's running latest version of firmware.

Did wonder if firmware become corrupted if so don't know how to reinstall it.

Please help as at the moment it's useless.

Thanks