• April 23, 2024, 05:35:42 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DSM-510 constantly loses connection to server  (Read 7705 times)

tingram

DSM-510 constantly loses connection to server
« on: May 17, 2008, 06:00:21 PM »

I have tried this with TVersity, TwonkyVision and DLink Media Server and the same thing happens with each one. After watching a video or listening to some music, if I press the back button or try to navigate back to server or other function everything shows greyed out and there are no server connections available, everything is greyed out and I have to restart the DSM510 to make it see the servers again.

It is un-useable like this and will need to be returned unless I can find a way to make it work. I have tried it connected over wireless as well as wired and the same thing happens...

Any help is greatly appreciated...

Tony.

mpodkowa

• Level 1 Member
Re: DSM-510 constantly loses connection to server
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2008, 08:48:37 AM »

See this issue no resolution yet.
http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=1183.0

planecrazy

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2008, 07:12:09 PM »

I used to have the same problem with 510 and Twonky. Now with Twonky version 4.4.4, I have enabled "Disable UPnP Timeout Messages" under Advanced Setup --> Network configuration and the problem is fixed !! :)

tingram

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2008, 08:29:58 PM »

nice one.. I'll try that and see what happens... cheers!!!

Lycan

• Administrator
  • Level 15 Member
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2008, 10:20:20 AM »

Are you running the DSM-510 wirelessly?

tingram

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2008, 11:47:51 AM »

i've tried wired and wireless... albieit wired service is provided via a wireless bridge... no other way to do it in my house... no other devices that were/are connected to the bridge...

tingram

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2008, 11:50:12 AM »

didn't quite finsh my thought... none of the other devices that are  connected to the bridge have issues.

planecrazy

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2008, 03:31:53 PM »

nice one.. I'll try that and see what happens... cheers!!!

So, did you try the Twonky config?

tingram

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2008, 03:56:07 PM »

i sure did.. It didn't seem to work at first but seems to work fine now... so far so good.

I've noticed that it's dead slow when trying to access Music thru anything but the server menu, and I dare not try a search again, last time it was locked up for 20 minutes... Any ideas on this one? or how to make search work on the server menus...

planecrazy

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2008, 10:01:27 AM »

I also prefer the "Server" option. It is much faster than "Music" and anyway Twonky offers more options for playlists. I guess the main "Music", "Video" etc options are meant to be used with Intel VIIV enabled PCs.

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2008, 11:53:40 AM »

I've noticed that it's dead slow when trying to access Music thru anything but the server menu, and I dare not try a search again, last time it was locked up for 20 minutes... Any ideas on this one? or how to make search work on the server menus...

This could be very slow in some cases due to the fact that is it accessing all media files from all UPNP AV media servers available on your network.
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

tingram

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2008, 12:07:41 PM »

This could be very slow in some cases due to the fact that is it accessing all media files from all UPNP AV media servers available on your network.

Well, considering I only have one which is the same one as defined in 'Server' mode, it is just slow to be slow...