• April 18, 2024, 05:29:40 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Help With Inverted Image Option  (Read 6347 times)

trapandclay

• Level 1 Member
Help With Inverted Image Option
« on: November 27, 2019, 09:59:00 AM »

Hoping someone who already has a DCS-8600LH can tell me if the inverted image option in the settings is a mirror image (horizontal), or a flipped image (verticle). Would be a huge help before I buy the camera. It would also be helpful to know if the camera will work on mydlink lite. That app is where I work all five of my other cameras from to have access to the advanced settings where I can configure many options that I don't see available on the spec sheet for the DCS-8600LH.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

RK

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: Help With Inverted Image Option
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2019, 11:18:50 AM »

To answer your second question it will NOT work with mydlink Lite...but almost all older dlink cameras will work with the new mydlink app.

Let me find out about the inverted option. I believe it actually will flip and mirror it but let me find out for sure.

Also note this (as all DCS-8xxxLH cameras) will not have a lot of the advanced settings that older D-Link cameras have (ie web interface, RTSP support, email/snapshot alerts, etc).
« Last Edit: November 27, 2019, 11:20:30 AM by GreenBay42 »

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2019, 11:49:08 AM »

The Invert Image option does rotate the image 180 degrees and flips it. So flip + mirror.

trapandclay

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2019, 03:38:05 PM »

GreenBay42,

Many thanks, was hoping for a mirror image that would make sense when viewing the image looking away from the camera's direction. (Exactly like a back up camera on a car) If in fact the image is a mirror + flip, that will not generate the image I need, it just puts me back to square one, upside down.

Hope D'link realizes there are lots of customers who use all the great options in advanced settings they have built into their IP cameras over the years.  This camera just seems to be far too simplified when compared to other older cameras. I can always hope for a real mirror image option in a future firmware update.

Again many thanks for both responses, hope I can return the favor some day.

RK