• March 29, 2024, 02:05:02 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Front Panel Amber -- Or Pink  (Read 14765 times)

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: Front Panel Amber -- Or Pink
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2008, 03:33:56 PM »

Resetting the the device should not effect the configuration and/or format of you drives. The drive configuration information is stored on the drives and is designed to not be effected by a reset to factory defaults.
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

jgj10

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2008, 03:40:02 PM »

NOTHING would happen.  It just resets the configuration (minus the RAID) back to factory.  The web interface even says NO DATA WILL BE LOST.  Klein -- no issues you should be good to go.

fordem

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2008, 07:20:18 PM »

Just so that you're both aware - using the reset button on the back, which I believe resets the unit to factory default - WILL break a RAID1 array into two separate drives.

I have done this on more than one occasion with RAID1 and if you like I can repeat that test with JBOD and RAID0 - but with RAID1 it will break the array in to two separate volumes.
RAID1 is for disk redundancy - NOT data backup - don't confuse the two.

Velogre

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2008, 12:21:09 PM »

OK !  I'm here because I have the same problem.  Colors of the lights are more or less pink.  In french, I use the word «mauve» to describe this color. Color discussion is not important.

Data is unaccessible in that state.  I must shut off the DNS-323 and back on.  Each day I must do this since i've done the upgrade to firmware version 1.05.  Sometimes, 2 times a day. I had v1.04 before.

I will try to reset to default.   I consider important to signify the problem.

Kleinfreak

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2008, 10:00:59 PM »

The problem has returned on my setup.  No changes on this end, but this time around it's just the left drive light lit pink.  I really think this could be firmware but I'm not ruling out drive related, either way I'm going to try this once again.  This time I’ll swap drives reset and format.
I think I'll contact D-Link support to get their opinion before I pass judgment; but overall I haven't been exceptionally satisfied with this product.   :-\  I feel my FreeN4S systems are a better (faster and more stable) solution for my needs.

Velogre

« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2008, 06:21:04 AM »

Is this possible to switchback to firmware 1.04 without problems ?

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2008, 09:23:28 AM »

Is this possible to switchback to firmware 1.04 without problems ?

If you are using firmware 1.05 and revert back to 1.04 you should not see any problem. In past firmware the only issue I have seen with this is if you are using RAID5 the RAID broke leaving you with two volumes with the same data. I am not sure if you will see this with 1.04 and 1.05.

Kleinfreak

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2008, 09:56:48 AM »

I did revert back to 1.04 just for fun this round to see if things change for the better.  Day 2, so far so good.

Velogre

« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2008, 06:03:07 AM »

Thanks !

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2008, 04:23:23 PM »

Good to know!!

Kleinfreak

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2008, 07:17:05 PM »

Still running strong; this really seems to have done the trick.

;D

qwerky

« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2008, 07:20:05 AM »

Still running strong; this really seems to have done the trick.

;D

Kleinfreak, I am having this identical issue.  Can you confirm if your downgrade to 1.04 is still functioning successfully without reoccurrance?  If so, are there any tips/tricks you can share?  Thanks in advance!!!

Kleinfreak

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2008, 10:32:13 AM »

Kleinfreak, I am having this identical issue.  Can you confirm if your downgrade to 1.04 is still functioning successfully without reoccurrance?  If so, are there any tips/tricks you can share?  Thanks in advance!!!

Confirmed.  Still running and no further problems.  No special tips and tricks.  I'd just done what was listed in the posts above.  Reflash, Format and enjoy.

qwerky

« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2008, 11:50:33 AM »

Excellent, thank you!  D-Link support has been of no use on this issue, so it's good to see someone with a success story!  I'm going to try it and see.
Pages: 1 [2]