D-Link IP Cameras for Home > Omna App

Omna remote live view - what's the trick?

(1/3) > >>

diatom:
Supposedly one can "register to Omna account" in lieu of a separate Apple device as local Homekit host.
Damned if I can get it to work consistently.
Cam at cottage, works on WLAN (via iPhone/OmnaApp).  Worked at least once remotely with iPhone off-WLAN, 10 miles away, cellular only.
Travel home involves dead zones no WLAN / no WiFi / no Cellular.
Omna connectivity cannot be restored - though local WLAN is up.
I can remote into the LAN but - no local apple device to fiddle with it.
Experience is:  return to cottage, try launching Omna App a couple of times, suddenly comes up with cloud symbol over device, works fine.
Return home - fail.  The thing teases me with emailme every time a light flickers - but won't let me see:  "Device inaccessible" error, which suggests I register it to Omna account, which I've done... to no avail.
Too bad - best camera ever - but totally inaccessible so far as I can tell.
Nothing remarkable in network (ASUS router, firewall up, DCHP, high speed internet).
Is there a trick to getting this thing to work?

GreenBay42:
Make sure you have the latest Omna app version.  What version iOS do you have?

http://support.dlink.com/FAQView.aspx?f=26B%2bCZsnWvKbUigbUSbvcA%3d%3d

diatom:
Not a version issue:  iOS 11.3 & Omna 1.0.4 build 9.
Just realized that the one time I successfully got a remote connection, there was an iPad on OMNA lan.  Guess the iPad hosted the remote view-ability.
When I exit cottage iPad comes home with me.  Omna goes dark (but happily sends me useless notifications).
Seems the "register Omna to an Omna account" step hasn't taken.  How fix?

GreenBay42:
When "installing" the camera with the OMNA app, it should have had you add to your dlink account or create an account. This is different from the Apple ID.

I am assuming you did that? So you log into the Omna app (not Apple Home app) and enter your OMNA account info, it should work.

Are you in the USA?

GreenBay42:
I am having a tech test this now as I was under the impression that the latest Omna app for iOS with firmware 1.03 will allow remote viewing without a hub. I will find out for sure.

As stated on Apple's site - *To control this D-Link Omna 180 Cam automatically and away from home requires an Apple TV with tvOS 10.1 or later or an iPad with iOS 10.1 or later to act as a Home Hub. You will also need an iPhone or iPad with iOS 10.1 or later.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207057

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version