• April 28, 2024, 02:04:43 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Clicking on Wireless Status generally hangs browser session  (Read 2453 times)

dvweis

• Level 1 Member
Clicking on Wireless Status generally hangs browser session
« on: December 04, 2010, 10:28:27 PM »

Have a brand new DIR-655 installed today.  All went reasonably well. Hardware B1 and Firmware 2.00NA.

Only problem is that when I'm in the administrative browser program, when I try to click on "Wireless" for the Status tab, it goes to the right page but almost always no wireless devices appear, even though I have three operating which should appear just fine.  In fact the session seems to hang there. 

This doesn't impact the wireless connections otherwise... just the browser session hangs.  It shows the header info "Number of Wireless Clients" but no actual devices are shown.

Any clues?
Dan

schmieg

• Level 2 Member
Re: Clicking on Wireless Status generally hangs browser session
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2010, 10:34:08 PM »

I found that you have to wait a while at that page before it refreshes and gives the information.

dvweis

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2010, 05:12:53 AM »

I find that once in a while (one of five????) the admin program is reasonably fast to display the list of attached wireless devices.  Most times it just hangs for 5 mins+ until I just kill the browser session and relaunch. 

I'm replacing a much older Trendnet that only supported 802.11g but its admin interface was always responsive and quick, so this seems like a step backward. 

The router itself seems to perform fine, except that I can't get the N speed to go above 130, despite following the Sticky-at-the-top of the forum's instructions.  That may be the laptop max speed though, if I can figure out how to determine that.

mickey1977

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2010, 09:02:19 AM »

I see the same issue. Sometimes it will show the wireless clients after a while. Sometimes it just kills the session. Not sure what to make of it.

I also had it happening that the wireless network stopped broadcasting and was not visible anymore. I had to restart the router and everything came back ok. Did you experience anything similar?

I also have Hardware B1 and Firmware 2.00NA.

davevt31

• Level 9 Member
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2010, 10:26:26 AM »

I noticed that some of the pages were slow on my 655 A2.  I set IE to show the router pages in Compatibilty View and all the pages reponded much quicker.