• March 19, 2024, 04:11:57 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Camera Won't Connect  (Read 9672 times)

lenbabin

• Level 1 Member
Camera Won't Connect
« on: September 09, 2017, 07:51:45 AM »

I have a new (refurbed) 2230L that the setup software cannot find on my network.  I scan my network and I can see the camera (has an IP address).  The light is a solid green, on the same subnet as my computer, both are wired to the router.  I have disabled the firewall and the antivirus.  I have the latest D-Link software.  I have rebooted everything.  Even though it's new (to me) support has ended for this device.  For now, it looks like have an expensive paper weight.  I can't even create an account with D-Link because it seems that I have to register this device first.  It's frustrating that I can see the IP address but the D-Link setup software won't let me enter it.  Any tips would help.  Thanx.

cmontyburns

• Level 3 Member
Re: Camera Won't Connect
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2017, 12:33:47 PM »

Note that you've posted in the forum for the 2330L and you say you have a 2230L. 

Anyway, this camera has a web interface and you can configure it that way without using a separate software program.  Since you say you can see that the camera has an IP address, just enter the IP address into your browser: http://w.x.y.z .  You should be greeted with the camera's authentication prompt.  Per the user manual, the default ID as "admin" with a blank password.  As you've purchased a refurb'ed camera (who refurb'ed it?), there's no knowing whether the default settings including that ID and blank password were applied, but hopefully so.  Once you've logged into the web interface, you should be able to configure the camera.

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2017, 10:41:34 PM »

Also - is it really a 2230L or a 2230?

Note the original 2230 doesn't work with mydlink since it is a non-L camera.  the 2230L however - does.

lenbabin

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2017, 07:27:27 AM »

Hi guys.  Wow.  This is my first time in the Dlink world and I am very impressed with the community out there.  Sorry for the typo it is the 2330L.  Don't know who refurbed it (bought at Walmart) but I will follow your instructions and let you know how it goes.  Also, I think I am supposed to register to get a Mydlink account which seems to happen when I configure the camera with Dlink software.  If I configure it directly, how do I get the MyDlink account.

thanks again. 

Len

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2017, 08:11:57 AM »

The easiest way to set up the camera is using the mydlink Lite app for iOS or Android devices. If you do not have a smart phone or tablet, I would reset the camera (put a paperclip in the reset hole - hold for 10 seconds then release while the camera is on). Connect the camera to your router and run the mydlink software again.

http://www.dlink.com/uk/en/support/faq/cameras-and-surveillance/dcs-series/dcs-2330l/how-do-i-set-up-and-install-my-dcs-2330l

You do have to register the camera to your mydlink account - which you can do through the mydlink Lite app or software.

Can you ping the ip address of the camera from your computer? Also you can log into the camera using a web browser (i would use internet explorer) by entering the ip address of the camera in the address bar.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2017, 09:43:43 AM »

Link>Welcome!

• What Hardware version is your DCS? Look at the sticker behind or under the camera.
  • Link>What Firmware version is currently loaded? Found on the DCSs web page under status.
  • What region are you located?

What Mfr and model is the main host router?
What Mfr and model is the ISP modem?

I have a new (refurbed) 2230L that the setup software cannot find on my network.  I scan my network and I can see the camera (has an IP address).  The light is a solid green, on the same subnet as my computer, both are wired to the router.  I have disabled the firewall and the antivirus.  I have the latest D-Link software.  I have rebooted everything.  Even though it's new (to me) support has ended for this device.  For now, it looks like have an expensive paper weight.  I can't even create an account with D-Link because it seems that I have to register this device first.  It's frustrating that I can see the IP address but the D-Link setup software won't let me enter it.  Any tips would help.  Thanx.
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.