• April 18, 2024, 04:49:48 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: 942l detects motion but does not record / send mails  (Read 4615 times)

se22946

• Level 1 Member
942l detects motion but does not record / send mails
« on: February 11, 2014, 03:24:59 AM »

Hello,

after i've got my new DCS-942L now, i've done the setup. (the first cam was defective)

The cam does detect motion, but the cam does not send mails and the cam does not save files to the sd-card. The card is my old card and i already tried to format the card (succesful). Also i checked the settings for the mailserver and sending mails works fine.

When viewing the live picture i can see, that the cam detects the motion, but the recording sign does not switch to orange.

Please, does anybody knows how i can fix this?

sfahr

• Level 1 Member
Re: 942l detects motion but does not record / send mails
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2014, 06:02:13 PM »

Hello this bug cost me more than than 12 hours of my life.

It seems, there is a problem between adjusting settings directly on the camera and adjusting via the interface on www.mydlink.com

I solved the issue for myself by
1. deselecting the motion detection on www.mydlink.com (including the parameters accessible by clicking on the running man) and saving,

2. entering the camera's interface and set options of motion detection,

3. not longer accessing the camera via www.mydlink.com anymore.

Then the snapshots and videos are recorded and sent.

Best,
Stephan
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 01:30:48 AM by sfahr »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2014, 05:48:18 AM »

Hello,

after i've got my new DCS-942L now, i've done the setup. (the first cam was defective)

The cam does detect motion, but the cam does not send mails and the cam does not save files to the sd-card. The card is my old card and i already tried to format the card (succesful). Also i checked the settings for the mailserver and sending mails works fine.

When viewing the live picture i can see, that the cam detects the motion, but the recording sign does not switch to orange.

Please, does anybody knows how i can fix this?

@se22946 -- See if sfahr's suggestion fixes this issue for you.  :-\
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

froad

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2014, 07:25:25 AM »

had similar issues AFTER updating to the "new" firmware (1.23)  - replaced it with 1.22 and all works fine - the only thing I lost with 1.22 was the ability to have the camera "reboot" at specific days/times - not a big issue - if I need to do that I will put a digital timer on the camera and have it do a re-boot -

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2014, 08:51:29 AM »

Given the volume of reported issues, I've escalated this to D-Link and will post back if I hear anything.  ;)

While posting issues in this forum is a great means of sharing information with other members and notifying D-Link of issues, D-Link escalates issues for resolution based on the volume of calls received through the official D-Link support desk. If D-Link receives a large number of calls pertaining to the same issue, that issue is more likely to be escalated as a problem for investigation and resolution. As such, in addition to posting issues in this forum, forum members are encouraged to call the toll free D-Link support desk to report their issue: 1-888-851-6464.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 08:53:56 AM by JavaLawyer »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2014, 09:35:47 AM »

I heard back from D-Link and the email issue DCS-942L owners are posting about is already known by D-Link, and they are working to correct the issue. I will post back if I learn more.