The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DCS-935L

Full wireless is first activated when I press the "survey" button

(1/5) > >>

Artoo:
Hello all

I have a very strange problem with the wireless performance of the 935L.

When the camera is started up (fx after power-loss) the wireless performance is very poor: My DIR-605L (accespoint) says signal level 10% and rate 1-5mbps and I have many drop-outs in the video-stream. When I do a “wireless survey” in the web interface of the 935L the wireless performance is improved a lot: 46% and 39rate. It seems like the full wireless performance of the 935L is first activated when a wireless survey is started, very strange.
This must be bug in the firmware?

Documentation:

Before I press "Survey"

After I press "Survey"

Bitrate before and after

What to do?

Thanks.

Kind Regards

FurryNutz:
What is the distance between the camera and router?

What wireless modes are you using?
Test with the following settings ON the router then post the connection rate results here please:
WPA/TPIK only(not WPA2), Auto Channel width, manual channel 11.

* Any other WiFi routers in the area that maybe causing interferences? Link> Use InSSIDer to find out. How many? Use v3, its free.

Artoo:

--- Quote from: FurryNutz on June 19, 2015, 01:22:03 PM ---What is the distance between the camera and router?

What wireless modes are you using?
Test with the following settings ON the router then post the connection rate results here please:
WPA/TPIK only(not WPA2), Auto Channel width, manual channel 11.

* Any other WiFi routers in the area that maybe causing interferences? Link> Use InSSIDer to find out. How many? Use v3, its free.
--- End quote ---

Distance is 2 meters, no walls. Lots of WiFi routers in this area but I don't think this is the cause since everything is working very fine when I do a survey.

WPA/TPIK only(not WPA2), Auto Channel width, manual channel 11: already on.

Don't you think that it is a little bit strange that full wireless performance is first "activated" when I press the "survey" button?

Thanks for your help.

Regards

FurryNutz:
Can you post a pic of the InSSIDer results please?
 Adding Screenshots In A Post

Artoo:

--- Quote from: FurryNutz on June 19, 2015, 01:48:50 PM ---Can you post a pic of the InSSIDer results please?
 Adding Screenshots In A Post

--- End quote ---

There is two many acces-points to be displayed at the same time in InSSIDer (I have to scroll). More than 20 acces-points right now.

Regards

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version