• March 28, 2024, 02:28:24 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: DCS-932L - Firmware v1.07b02 - Comments & Observations  (Read 34609 times)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
DCS-932L - Firmware v1.07b02 - Comments & Observations
« on: January 02, 2014, 10:52:51 AM »

D-Link released firmware version 1.07 build 02, located here: DCS-932L Firmware v1.07b02.

If not already present, please be sure to add the .zip extension on the downloaded file and extract the contents prior to uploading to the DCS-932L.

Please post your comments and observations on this thread.  :)
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: DCS-932L - Firmware v1.07b02 - Comments & Observations
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2014, 10:55:00 AM »

This latest firmware is a major release with new functionality we've requested over the past year:

Firmware: 1.07b02 - Date: 12/26/2013

• [New Feature] Add schedule feature for motion detection function (Thank you D-Link!!!!)
  • [New Feature] Add user can configure interval setting for motion detection of mail/ftp
  • [New Feature] NTP source port change to port 123
  • [New Feature] User account name is limit as: 0-9, a-z, A-Z, “.”, “-“, “_”
  • [New Feature] Update Mydlink agent to v2.0.17-b31
  • [New Feature] Limit “Auto” FTP image frequency not over 5 frames/second
  • [Bug Fix] Fixed ip task will be restarted issue on DHCP renew time
  • [Bug Fix] Fixed E-mail/FTP cannot be started issue if motion detection is enabled first
  • [Bug Fix] Fixed UpnP issue with DIR-826L router
  • [Bug Fix] The max length of Admin password change to 32 characters

DCS-932L - Cumulative Firmware Release Notes
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 11:10:35 AM by JavaLawyer »

mrgclark

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2014, 09:34:53 AM »

On testing it seems to work OK. Just one point, when I first set a schedule it didn't work. Probably because the current time was already between the start and stop times. I'm guessing it just sets system events to turn it on and off. When I tested it again by setting the start time a few minutes from the time when I saved the changes, it did start detecting motion at the set time. I would have thought that when you saved the schedule settings that it would detect from the system time whether it was inside the set interval and turn detection on or off accordingly, but it doesn't seem to work that way. I guess I can live with that as long as I know.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2014, 09:40:08 AM »

On testing it seems to work OK. Just one point, when I first set a schedule it didn't work. Probably because the current time was already between the start and stop times. I'm guessing it just sets system events to turn it on and off. When I tested it again by setting the start time a few minutes from the time when I saved the changes, it did start detecting motion at the set time. I would have thought that when you saved the schedule settings that it would detect from the system time whether it was inside the set interval and turn detection on or off accordingly, but it doesn't seem to work that way. I guess I can live with that as long as I know.

I believe the scheduled start time is the trigger that executes the motion detection tracking. If the scheduled start time already passed when the event is created/saved, then the FW waits for the start of the next scheduled event.  :-\

scottrossetti

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2014, 07:30:17 PM »

The new firmware is working well for me although there is a bug that has carried over which I will detail here for you

The bug is in the daylight saving time feature where the daylight saving time period encompasses two calendar years, which is the case for us in the Southern Hemisphere (as opposed to the Northern Hemisphere where the daylight saving time is all contained in one calendar year). 

(Setup-Time and Date-Automatic Time Configuration-Daylight Saving)

Our daylight saving runs from 2am 1st Sunday in October to 2am 1st Sunday in April.  Entering those details into the DCS-932L (firmware 1.06 and 1.07)  and then rebooting does not effect the correct change in the unit's time during daylight saving time. 

The firmware seems to struggle with the end date crossing over into a new year - to prove this theory I put in a start day at the start of the calendar year (1st Thursday in January) and the end day as our correct ending day of 1st Sunday in April, following rebooting the correct Daylight Saving time is displayed (given the current date is within that period). 

Moving the start date back to the 1st Sunday in October and re-booting results in the standard "non daylight saving time" being incorrectly displayed.

I expect this bug is easily reproduced on any DCS-932L by entering our daylight saving details (2am 1st Sunday in October to 2am 1st Sunday in April).

FWIW Time Zone is +10 (Melbourne)

Cheers

Scott

leoboy692000

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2014, 04:40:23 PM »

Hello, i recently purchased the DCS-932L, (Jan. 8, 2014) works wonderfully but 2 days after install i received a message on my cell phone upon opening the "MyDlink" App on my iPhone saying that a new firmware is ready to download. I went thru the process of going to the website, settings etc. And also taking my cameras down and connecting them to my router (3 cams total) and i received a message saying that my cams have been successfully updated I CAN SEE MY CAMS but now on my iPhone App an
" ! " mark shows up on the day/night icon and every time i try to use the day/night button option it says that "A new firmware is ready" over and over and cannot get rid of it or use the option of switching from day to night view because this message keeps popping up. I also tried deleting the App and re-downloading on my phone but nothing... Any advise? Is it a bug? My Laptop says i have Version/Firmware 1.07 after "update"

Antifreeze11

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2014, 05:51:18 AM »

I am having the exact same issue as leoboy692000. After successfully upgrading two DCS-932L cameras to 1.07b02, the Day/Night button on the iPhone mydlink Lite app is overlaid with an exclamation mark and prompts for a firmware upgrade when pressed (making it impossible to toggle views). Both the mydlink web access and the mydlink+ app (iPad) work fine.

dgez

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2014, 06:14:32 PM »

Having the same issue above.  On the DLINK app, when selecting "remote" I have an ! on the day/night toggle.  Message says that there is a new firmware available.   When selecting "local" there is no day/night toggle available.  Seems maybe there needs to be a DLINK app update?

TooBorg

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2014, 02:45:06 AM »

I have the same issue as those 3 above on the Android app. The famous  "!" on the day/night toggle. I guess we see an updated app or an updated firmware soon to resolve this issue?
DIR-868L, DIR-655, DCS-932L

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2014, 05:49:17 AM »

I replicated this error with my DCS-932L using mydlink+ on an iPhone.  :-[

dtalk

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2014, 06:28:20 AM »

I have the same issue as well.  The upgrade was done correctly and the device shows the correct version in the web interface of the camera and mydlink site, but in the mydlink lite application on my iPhone, it shows the "!" on the day/night toggle icon.  Clicking the day/night toggle icon in the mydlink lite app will cause the update attempt and soon a message appears saying it has completed successfully.  But the icon doesn't change and will still prompt to update after clicking it.

I have done the following and still get the same results, so it is either an issue with the new firmware (or newer mydlink agent) or the iOS mydlink lite application doesn't support this firmware/agent version yet:

Removed and reinstalled mydlink lite application =>  No change, problem still exists
Removed and readded camera from mydlink account =>  No change, problem still exists
Initialized/reset camera running the 1.07 firmware => No change, problem still exists
Downgraded firmware to 1.06 =>  Problem resolved, but new features in 1.07 not available
Upgraded back to firmware 1.07 =>  Problem is back

Neil2099

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2014, 03:53:01 PM »

I can't find the option to send the notification emails to my gmail account which I had setup for this purpose only. It was working fine before the upgrade, now the setting defaults to my main email address ("When enabled, notifications will be sent to your mydlink registered e-mail address when specific events occur.") and there's no option to change that. I can receive hundreds of emails during the week and I don't want them coming into my main email account. When I click on Advanced Setting, it opens up the camera settings which has the old settings (gmail) but I can't use motion detection settings there as it complains about invalid certificate and the video doesn't appear at all even though I have latest Java version. I don't even know which setting is going to be used by the camera - the actual camera setting (accessed via the IP address of the camera) has different email address than the one setup by the dylink website.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2014, 08:29:27 AM »

. . . I can't use motion detection settings there as it complains about invalid certificate and the video doesn't appear at all even though I have latest Java version. I don't even know which setting is going to be used by the camera - the actual camera setting (accessed via the IP address of the camera) has different email address than the one setup by the dylink website.

Updating to the most recent version of Java may cause the Live View for some D-Link network camera models to not work properly when viewed from a web browser. This latest update may impact other browser-based network camera functions as well. The procedure described in the link below be used to adjust the Java security exceptions in Windows after updating to the latest Java version to restore access.

Network Cameras - Lost "Live View" After Installing Java Version 7 Update 51

bollee

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2014, 11:39:50 AM »

To my observation, interval setting for motion detection email sending does work as I expected : with the default value of 300s I would expect that after a first motion detection email, no email would be sent during the next 5 minutes ... and I can receive at least 2 or 3 emails per minutes if any activity continues in the field of view.
Maybe I misunderstood the purpose of this parameter.

wawaba

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2014, 03:38:57 PM »

Hi bollee,

you took me speed, I think like you, the New Feature "Add user can configure interval setting for motion detection of mail/ftp" doesn't exist  ??? or maybe it's very well hidden...

Because for me the setting 'Interval' was already there in the last FW 1.06. It is used for the 2 options 'always' and 'schedule' but absolutly not for the motion detection.

I hope I'm wrong and someone nice tells us where this feature are.

++
Pages: [1] 2 3 4